Archived Topic

Issues from a fan

by Cougarpoke · 9/21/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
I love BYU, and the past two games have caused me to lose sleep...yes, I am that kind of fan. After last night, I see some major glaring issues that need to be fixed.



1. QB Play - I have read so many posts on this that i am ready to puke. Clearly Nelson has something wrong with him. He has faced tough Defenses before, and not been overly bad. Last night was embarrassing for him. If he is injured, then don't sacrifice the team for your own glory. Know you are injured and know your limitations. The coaches should have seen this from a mile away!! Hill should have been starting this game, and now that the season is all but lost, give it all to Hill and lets start down that road (at least until he gets hurt and starts to stink and we start demanding the next guy - tic).



2. Offensive Line - Our QB has been bad, but our o-line has been worse!! On the 2-pt. conversion our tackle was blown up and was in the BACK FIELD!! How in the heck is anything supposed to happen when there is poor pass protection and no holes are being created for our run game. I don't think we lack talent, i think the scheme and coaching are terrible. A change has to happen. If our O-line was remotely decent, we would be 4-0 and Nelson wouldn't be hurt.



3. OC - Doman was right with Nelson last night - terrible!! I think Crowton called and demanded the option be run at least every other play (tic). The play calling has been predictable and just flat out wrong for all situations. The only reason we did anything on Offense last night is because Hill was able to run out of designed pass plays. He simply has to get better, or go back to being the QB's coach.



Solutions:



1. QB - pretty obvious what needs to happen here.



2. OL - Fire Weber, get someone in that is going to get our guys to block someone, blow them off the line, and do something...like say protect our QB.



3. OC - I don't know how long Doman will last with his play calling and a terrible offense. I personally like Doman, but last night was pretty bad.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.