Archived Topic

Does Nelson have too much pride?

by BigCougsFan · 9/21/2012

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Last year he played injured. All the way up to his surgery. Literally.



There has been rumors of his back being injured this year. Watching him... I'm conflicted.



I know last night his completions weren't that bad, but turnovers killed, which seem to be the norm.



Does he have too much pride to not step aside and let a "healthier" QB step in???
C
Cougs_Rule
Did the sun rise this morning?

Does a chihuahua know no fear? Riley may get exasperated, and he did, again, but he has very little quit in him. But that's the positive side.

On the more critical side, I would say that while he has the heart of a champion, he has the selfishness that has been consistent from fighting for the job and now not relinquishing it.

Coaches need to grow up and be a parent. Coaches need to know that Riley does NOT have it in him to say, "Coach, I'm hurting the team. I'm giving my all but I'm also giving the other team the ball and the win--two weeks in a row!"
M
MTM
I think there is a fine line. Football is a sport full of tough guys. The worst insult is to be considered soft. They are conditioned to sacrifice their bodies.



For all the crap Jordan Wynn has taken he did the same thing. He was never really healthy after the Iowa State game in 2010 to the detriment of his team.



Kyle put Wynn out there because he didn't feel he had a better option I guess. Bronco WANTS Riley out there.



It seems Bronco has too much pride. Maybe he is trying to rationalize the whole Heaps/Nelson fiasco.
B
byutx
Ask Brett Gaskins and jake Heaps



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Nice. Very nice.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Don't judge him because he chooses to sin differently than you do.



;)



Yes. The answer is yes.
I
Isola
I don't know if I would call it pride. I'd say he is too much of a competitor that he won't take himself out of the game when hurt.



This year he looks to have lost a step. He seems down. And his passes are not as good. I was hopeful when he was taken out and he took on the role of cheerleader. I hope that he realized that if he is hurt that he can still be a leader for the team, even when not playing. Sit out, get healthy and fire up the team from the sideline.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.