Archived Topic

1280 reports Doman wants Hill, Bronco wants Nelson

by KingCoug · 9/21/2012

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
According to Scotty G on 1280 post game.
F
frdbtr
He's full of it. Bronco only said that Nelson would start if he was healthy and that is the same thing that Doman said.
S
SpiffCoug
Like Scotty G has ANY inside sources or connections the program that he could know anything like that. Scotty G is less aware of what goes on in the BYU program than the average CougarCorner.com poster.
S
stuckinbig10country
I don't know how good his sources are...but I do know for a fact that Bronco wants Riley. I think he would fire Doman mid season if he insists on Hill. I'm pretty sure that Doman wanted to start Jake last year against SJSU too, but couldn't.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
If Kinahan comes on the air and says it, then I would take it as gospel. Love him or hate him, PK has great sources in the programs around the state (and that could be Gerard's source).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
golong
Does anyone know the details of Nelson's injury? All I've heard is generalities (back injury). But back injuries are nothing to mess with. If Nelson was not well last night, he is not well today, and probably not tomorrow either. So Hill must be the QB for Hawaii, let Nelson heal, sitting him isn't necessarily a permanent thing, but if Bronco insists on playing a half-healthy Nelson next week; then Bronco needs some counseling. Don't even let Nelson practice this week, or take any kind of hit, let him heal. Hawaii is not our toughest game--those are yet to come, and we will need a healthy Nelson...and a more experienced Hill.
L
Lawboy
I've heard two things, not sure which is true.



One is that he has 3 cracked ribs. The other is that he has bone spurs in his ribs causing major pain, irritation and weakness. Regardless, he has issues, whatever it is, tocause his play to suck.
C
cougarnerd
Personally, I really like Hill. He's bigger, faster, and has a stronger arm. I'm not sure if Taysom would take over against a healthy Riley, but Nelson should sit for 2-4 weeks before taking another snap--first to heal, then to drill it into his head that he can't have as many turnovers as he does. If we give a younger QB some experience, that's just a bonus.
P
pjspack
KingCoug wrote:
According to Scotty G on 1280 post game.

This is not true, Ben Criddle was the one who talked about this on the post game show.Criddle posted on CB trying to straighten this out. What he said was and I quote"I said that Doman in my opinion wanted to go with Taysom earlier in the game after the second pick. Bronco although he delegates to Doman,internally he wants with all his heart for Riley to be out there and succeed b/c of the person he is" Then Criddle went on to say that Riley had little to no Physical reps last week prepping for Utah and very few reps this past week. Then Criddle stated that Hill outplayed Lark in practice the past two weeks.
K
KingCoug
pjspack wrote:
According to Scotty G on 1280 post game.

This is not true, Ben Criddle was the one who talked about this on the post game show.Criddle posted on CB trying to straighten this out. What he said was and I quote"I said that Doman in my opinion wanted to go with Taysom earlier in the game after the second pick. Bronco although he delegates to Doman,internally he wants with all his heart for Riley to be out there and succeed b/c of the person he is" Then Criddle went on to say that Riley had little to no Physical reps last week prepping for Utah and very few reps this past week. Then Criddle stated that Hill outplayed Lark in practice the past two weeks.


Thanks for the clarification.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.