Archived Topic

Maybe we "need" to lose these games...

by KingCoug · 9/21/2012

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
...in order to bring about the change needed? I'm talking about the big 4 away game plus maybe one or two at home. Otherwise, we'll still be fooling ourselves with wins against inferior opponents.



That's what it took before Bronco took over the defense again and fired Anae as offensive coordinator.
C
Cougs_Rule
Mental midgetry.
K
KingCoug
dmcougar wrote:
Mental midgetry.


From me?



I'm not saying it should be that way. Just that it might have to be that way. It takes a lot for Bronco to make big changes.
G
Gunk
Bronco is as stubborn as the animal he's named after. Good news is once he comes around he doesn't waste time acting.



While I hate seeing our team perform poorly, a positive out of it is that Bronco will be forced to address it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Both. I keep quoting, any virtue pressed to an extreme, becomes a vice. What Bronco thinks is character and loyalty to the one is hurting his teams success and will hurt him in the long run.

We have near All-MWC-like WRs and we can't get them the balll????? Here's, HOff had a great season last year, but mostly off weak teams and YAC. We need a qb who can deliver the ball.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Agreed 100%. Bronco will only make the right moves if we have a bad year. There is nothing to gain from this season now. For the sake of the program it needs a losing year.
T
tjerbear
You Utah birds need to get a life and realize Boise State has made a living on these Idaho kids the past six or seven years. You have one as your quarterback the next four years. All is well.
K
KingCoug
tjerbear wrote:
You Utah birds need to get a life and realize Boise State has made a living on these Idaho kids the past six or seven years. You have one as your quarterback the next four years. All is well.


What is it, something in the water up there? The spuds?
C
CDH
What is it, something in the water up there? The spuds?

Nope I would say just a reality check. Its funny how a team loses a couple of games and every one says changes need to be made. I agree we need to change some things........ But some fans need a reality check for sure!
F
frdbtr
mizzoucoug wrote:
Agreed 100%. Bronco will only make the right moves if we have a bad year. There is nothing to gain from this season now. For the sake of the program it needs a losing year.


Really?! You want a losing season? Are you out of your freaking mind? :bug: :angry: :blush: :sick: :skeptic:
Advertisement
J
jacksonman
CDH wrote:
What is it, something in the water up there? The spuds?

Nope I would say just a reality check. Its funny how a team loses a couple of games and every one says changes need to be made. I agree we need to change some things........ But some fans need a reality check for sure!


I think you need a reality check. I hate this saying but it is true: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. It is also true that expecting something different when there is a pattern of the same results doing the same thing is insane. You are insane my friend!



Bronco's team consistently under-perform. 2006-2009 should have seen 2 or 3 BCS busting seasons. We were rebuilding in 2010. There are no excuses these past two years. We had the #1 recruit and did nothing with it! Imagine if the Bball team got the #1 recruit? Even Bronco asked for 8 years to get the team running effectively in his program.



If things don't improve drastically by the end of the year, and by that I mean a major upset or two, it will be time to move on from Bronco. But too many wusses and "BYU football is missionary tool so we can't fire Bronco" leaders for this to happen.
C
CDH
I hope for his sake they do run him out of town........ You simply can't please some people...... So the team consistently under performs to whose expectations??????? I think there are alot of teams and fans out there that would take what Bronco did from 2006 - 2009 and be extremely happy with the results..... No wuss here just guess I have a little different idea of what is a good season for a team like BYU and what isn't....... Accept BYU for what it is.... We will win a average of 8-10 games a year and be around the top 25 I guess that isn't good enough for some fans. If you want 2 or 3 bcs games in 3 years you best go be a fan of Alabama or LSU cause it ain't happening any where else.... And I am insane......
J
jacksonman
CDH wrote:
I hope for his sake they do run him out of town........ You simply can't please some people...... So the team consistently under performs to whose expectations??????? I think there are alot of teams and fans out there that would take what Bronco did from 2006 - 2009 and be extremely happy with the results..... No wuss here just guess I have a little different idea of what is a good season for a team like BYU and what isn't....... Accept BYU for what it is.... We will win a average of 8-10 games a year and be around the top 25 I guess that isn't good enough for some fans. If you want 2 or 3 bcs games in 3 years you best go be a fan of Alabama or LSU cause it ain't happening any where else.... And I am insane......


Expectations and defining good season seem to be our difference of opinion. In my opinion, expectations are set by looking at the roster and talent on one's team, looking at your schedule, and setting a standard for performance. We should have beat Utah. We should have beat BSU. Coaching decisions lost us both games. Notre Dame may be the only game that we really should be true underdogs. When you have a top5 or 10 defense, amazing WR's, and are known as QB U, and face several big teams in down years, it is a perfect scenario for a great season. 10-w should have been the minimum for an acceptable season but I expected closer to 11-1, especially if I knew our defense was this good.



Season is over. Lost to rival's worst team in decades, lost to new rival's worst team in decades, no conference championship to fight for, utter chaos on offense, horrible coaching, and most fans/players have lost faith/hope in the coaching.



If your expectations and definition of good season include going 7-5 this year and 6-6 next year, you have picked a great team to root for!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.