Archived Topic

Time outs

by BoiseBYU · 9/21/2012

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
If I'm down by a score or two, I'd rather take a delay of game than burn a time out. Is that wrong? Time is more precious than five stinking yards
B
BroncoBot
I think BYU simply has no protocol for timeouts. They treat them too lightly, and most of the time it's because the QB simply doesn't know what's going on and the play is taking too long to get set up.



I totally agree that a 5 yard penalty is not as costly as burning a timeout in a close game like tonight or last saturday. I cringed each time a TO was called in the second half.
T
tripwire
Depends on field position, but generally I think you are right.
B
BerliNY
BoiseBYU wrote:
If I'm down by a score or two, I'd rather take a delay of game than burn a time out. Is that wrong? Time is more precious than five stinking yards


Not on 4th and 3.
R
rblack
BerliNY wrote:
If I'm down by a score or two, I'd rather take a delay of game than burn a time out. Is that wrong? Time is more precious than five stinking yards


Not on 4th and 3.

Yeah but on 3rd down from the 4 yard line with over 15 yards for a 1st down, maybe you give up the two yards.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.