Archived Topic

Riley Nelson to Start Next Week

by stuckinbig10country · 9/21/2012

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
Per Bronco....Coach, I can no longer defend you.
B
BerliNY
Please no, sweet jesus rodriguez, no
G
Gunk
Ugh...we lose at home?
K
KingCoug
It appears Nelson will have to be injured to the point where he can't play before Bronco starts anyone else.
B
BroncoBot
There goes Bronco, saying all the right things again.



If I'm Bronco, I let Hawaii prepare for Riley all week.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Bronco does not have "it" as a head coach. Lacks instincts on o side of ball.
M
mizzoucoug
Gotta be a joke. Come on guys you can't sense the Bronco sarcasm?
C
cougman
Gunk wrote:
Ugh...we lose at home?


We're not going to lose. Riley will play fine as he usually does against sub par teams. Everyone will say, "ok, he looks pretty good" and then when we play oregon , tonight will happen all over again. If bronco it's serious, he's off his freaking rocker



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Riley just needs some time to heal. He'll be good to go next week guys!



;)
K
KingCoug
cougman wrote:


We're not going to lose. Riley will play fine as he usually does against sub par teams. Everyone will say, "ok, he looks pretty good" and then when we play oregon , tonight will happen all over again. If bronco it's serious, he's off his freaking rocker


Nah, we'll win the next 3 games. Everything will be "alright" and then we get another dose of reality when we play Notre Dame.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I don't agree with this. Riley's level of play has been more than sufficient to warrant a benching.



If you are giving him a get out of jail free because he's been injured, then he shouldn't haven't been playing in the first place.
C
Cougs_Rule
I love most things about Bronco, but he is true to his name: bucking stubborn against the press and fans.

If Broncks Defense wasn't so stellar,Bronco would be on a short leash.
B
beauso79
What a frickin' idiot!!!!!!!........Move Riley to safety already Bronco that way your underappreciated lovefest can burn on



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tjerbear
Taysom is a Cam Newton type of athlete. I knew Nelson was mediocre athletically after the Tulsa bowl game. I want to throw up hearing I might have to watch Nelson who is a great guy one more time. As an Idaho kid who knows what Taysom brings to the table and seeing both him and Magnum who is a mediocre athlete play basketball. Taysom is the most powerful dunker I have ever seen at the high school or college game. He is the future and present at BYU. If Bronco goes with Nelson he needs to be fired.
G
Gunk
Perhaps Bronco just didn't want to throw his QB under the bus and pronounce Hill the starter at a press conference. That's what I would do.



Then go back, have a heart to heart with your QB and give Hill the reigns.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
Gunk wrote:
Perhaps Bronco just didn't want to throw his QB under the bus and pronounce Hill the starter at a press conference. That's what I would do.



Then go back, have a heart to heart with your QB and give Hill the reigns.


If only.



Unfortunately, I fully expect Nelson to start next week. :sick:
B
BroncoBot
Gunk wrote:
Perhaps Bronco just didn't want to throw his QB under the bus and pronounce Hill the starter at a press conference. That's what I would do.



Then go back, have a heart to heart with your QB and give Hill the reigns.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I'm almost sure you've nailed it. I think Riley comes out with his injury and his season could be done.



People need to chilax a little. I think Bronco said that Heaps would be starting after the USU game last year as well.
G
Gunk
BroncoBot wrote:
Perhaps Bronco just didn't want to throw his QB under the bus and pronounce Hill the starter at a press conference. That's what I would do.



Then go back, have a heart to heart with your QB and give Hill the reigns.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I'm almost sure you've nailed it. I think Riley comes out with his injury and his season could be done.



People need to chilax a little. I think Bronco said that Heaps would be starting after the USU game last year as well.

Yes, he did. You don't throw your QB under the bus like that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
kslshep profile



kslshep I want to clarify; Bronco said Riley is still the starter right now, but that his injury may dictate starting someone else. TBD
C
Cougs_Rule
Well then, good for Bronco IF this is the case.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.