Archived Topic

Air Force Newspapers Talk Trash

by Mars · 11/16/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars
http://www.gazette.com/sports/rebels-81274-air-think.html



"The Cougars are vulnerable. They even struggled Saturday to beat the ultra-lowly New Mexico Lobos. Last season, I suggested BYU was the most overrated No. 17 in football history, and that might have been a trifle strong. So let’s try again. This season, BYU was the most overrated No. 7 team in my lifetime. The Cougars beat a crippled Oklahoma squad and everyone got excited before BYU revealed its true self."



"The Falcons can march into Provo, Utah and drop the BYU Cougars."
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Mars wrote:
http://www.gazette.com/sports/rebels-81274-air-think.html

"This season, BYU was the most overrated No. 7 team in my lifetime."

Yeah, I read this dipschtick's article the other day, and my first thought was 'This idiot had better be a 2-year old then (the logic and reasoning would support this), because, for example, I seem to recall, fully halfway through the 2007 season, a NUMBER TWO RANK (pun intended) South Florida squad, and they ended up with, what? FOUR losses? ... and got absolutely PASTED in their bowl game by Oregon.



Dude's trying to shock-jock his way into readership, and all he's serving to do is make himself sound ignorant.



That said, this is a game we'll need to show a healthy respect for Air Force's talents, and speaking of health, WATCH OUR KNEES (can you say Dennis Pitta last season?). Those two things will keep us safe, and make for a comfortable-enough win.
S
SpiffCoug
Who cares if a team was overrated in the third week of the season? Does anyone really know who is and isn't good after three games? You want more overrated teams this year? How about Oklahoma STARTING at number 3. They're not even ranked now. How about Houston juming up to # 11? What about Oklahoma St getting up to #6? Or USC at #5? This guy clearly is anti-BYU and has nothing good to and simply wants to push his anti-Mormon agenda.
G
Guest
This guy sounds like the Franchuk or Monson of Air Force football, except instead of bagging on his own team he bags on BYU... so I guess it is a lot like Franchuk or Monson.
F
frdbtr
BYU may be over rated but BYU is still better then Air force.
Advertisement
G
gmj81
What's funny is this guy writes stuff like this every year and yet AFA still never wins. I like the Cadets (well except for the kid Thomas who always seems to be a little too amped up when playing the Cougars) but this tool has nothing to do with the Academy so I have no problem hating on him.
S
Schmoe
People like him HAVE to post stuff like this, because they can't write about how great their team is, they can't write about how they're going to beat us, they can't write about previous success against us, and they suspect that their team will still lose to us. So, when we don't beat them by forty, they can still say "See, I told you so, I said they were overrated..." *Cough*DOUCHEBAG*Cough*
U
UVACoug
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:



Dude's trying to shock-jock his way into readership,


Seems like it is working.
S
Schmoe
UVACoug wrote:
Mars wrote:



Dude's trying to shock-jock his way into readership,


Seems like it is working.


If this is the only thing I ever read of his, I don't think it adds to his "readership."
U
UVACoug
Schmoe wrote:
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:



Dude's trying to shock-jock his way into readership,


Seems like it is working.


If this is the only thing I ever read of his, I don't think it adds to his "readership."


I'm sure there are many BYU fans that are reading his article this week that would not any other week. That seems to be increasing his readership.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Yeah, it will really help him to have a spike one time a year and have his regular five readers the rest of the year, pu-leaze!
S
snoscythe
But I'm sure there are a lot of BYU fans that will be buying from Colorado Springs Dodge because they saw the banner ad accompanying the story.... :roll:
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Yeah, thanks, Mars, for the shot across my bow. I'm sure I only read it for the same reason you did. I clicked on the link at Cougarfan. Guilty as charged. :roll:
C
cougsnspurs4life
"The Cougars haven’t beaten anybody, either. BYU’s victims have won 26 games and lost 53.



Against quality and semi-quality teams, BYU has been atrocious. Florida State and TCU all but devoured the Cougars. Over the past two seasons, TCU has outscored the Cougars 70-14."


Even a clock is right twice a day... got a point here...
Q
Qman
cougsnspurs4life wrote:
"The Cougars haven’t beaten anybody, either. BYU’s victims have won 26 games and lost 53.



Against quality and semi-quality teams, BYU has been atrocious. Florida State and TCU all but devoured the Cougars. Over the past two seasons, TCU has outscored the Cougars 70-14."


Even a clock is right twice a day... got a point here...


Thank goodness we will not be facing a 'quality' team. Otherwise we would have to look out.
Advertisement
C
cougsnspurs4life
point taken... though they may still be "quality" enough to beat us... man that would bring the whole place down!
S
Schmoe
This reminds me of the "Tulane is a trap game" talk, I just don't buy it one bit.
M
Mars
gmj81 wrote:
I like the Cadets (well except for the kid Thomas who always seems to be a little too amped up when playing the Cougars)...

What's his full name and position, and what's the story here? The reference doesn't ring a bell for me yet...
M
Mars
cougsnspurs4life wrote:
Even a clock is right twice a day...

Most clocks are right a whole lot more than that...
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
This reminds me of the "Tulane is a trap game" talk, I just don't buy it one bit.

Air Force has the #1 pass defense in the nation, and a Top 4 rushing offense. I don't think Tulane had either of those things... :roll:
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.