Archived Topic

Riley era should be over.

by Lawboy · 9/21/2012

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
RIP.



Thanks for nothing. Seriously. Nothing.
S
SpiffCoug
Like last year, if you make the change, you make the change. The Nelson era should be over. Too many substandard performances.
J
jacksonman
Should be the Lark era. Not because Lark is necessarily a better athlete or the future, but because he is a senior QB who has put in his time, knows the play book, has a good arm AND has never been given his shot. Riley got the bod over him, then Heaps, then Riley, then Heaps, then Riley, and now Hill. What if we have had our QB all along? If I am Lark, if I don't play next game, I leave the team.
K
KingCoug
Lawboy wrote:
RIP.



Thanks for nothing. Seriously. Nothing.


Well, there was that miracle win against Utah State. So...there is that. ;)
B
BroncoBot
jacksonman wrote:
Should be the Lark era. Not because Lark is necessarily a better athlete or the future, but because he is a senior QB who has put in his time, knows the play book, has a good arm AND has never been given his shot. Riley got the bod over him, then Heaps, then Riley, then Heaps, then Riley, and now Hill. What if we have had our QB all along? If I am Lark, if I don't play next game, I leave the team.

I'd like to see Lark play. Play lark a ton with a good quarter of the snaps going to Hill.



Leaving would be stupid. I hope he's not as emotional as some of the divas on here have been.
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
1280 reported that Bronco said Riley is still the starter.
L
Lawboy
Because bronco said it post game
B
beauso79
jacksonman wrote:
Should be the Lark era. Not because Lark is necessarily a better athlete or the future, but because he is a senior QB who has put in his time, knows the play book, has a good arm AND has never been given his shot. Riley got the bod over him, then Heaps, then Riley, then Heaps, then Riley, and now Hill. What if we have had our QB all along? If I am Lark, if I don't play next game, I leave the team.


Agreed........this should be Lark's shot. I think throwing Hill to wolves may screw up his development just like Heaps. I guess it takes a few times to learn our lesson



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
beauso79 wrote:
Should be the Lark era. Not because Lark is necessarily a better athlete or the future, but because he is a senior QB who has put in his time, knows the play book, has a good arm AND has never been given his shot. Riley got the bod over him, then Heaps, then Riley, then Heaps, then Riley, and now Hill. What if we have had our QB all along? If I am Lark, if I don't play next game, I leave the team.


Agreed........this should be Lark's shot. I think throwing Hill to wolves may screw up his development just like Heaps. I guess it takes a few times to learn our lesson



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

+1
B
beauso79
KingCoug wrote:
1280 reported that Bronco said Riley is still the starter.


I'm sorry but if this is true Bronco's a wack job.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
No he's stubborn as a damn mule. It will be his un-doing.
F
FurriousCougar
beauso79 wrote:
Should be the Lark era. Not because Lark is necessarily a better athlete or the future, but because he is a senior QB who has put in his time, knows the play book, has a good arm AND has never been given his shot. Riley got the bod over him, then Heaps, then Riley, then Heaps, then Riley, and now Hill. What if we have had our QB all along? If I am Lark, if I don't play next game, I leave the team.


Agreed........this should be Lark's shot. I think throwing Hill to wolves may screw up his development just like Heaps. I guess it takes a few times to learn our lesson



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Whoa whoa whoa, Seriously? You and Spiff cannot be serious. That or you didn't think much about the future when you made this post.



You say you don't want to throw Hill to the wolves...yet you don't want to play him now? Uh... I think we can all agree he is gonna be the starter next year, and if you don't get him some serious experience this year (I'm talking about starting - not a couple reps here and there) he is seriously gonna get thrown to the wolves with the schedule we have next year. I mean, heck, the opener is Texas. If you're serious about not throwing him to the wolves - start him now! Not to mention, he just played a heck of a game in about the hardest place you can play - with a lot of pressure at that (game deciding 4th quarter drive). I'd say he's done a pretty good job with the wolves so far. Play the boy.
S
stuckinbig10country
The changes that should be made:



Bench Riley

Fire Weber (now that you have a long week)

Determine what type of offense you want to run
F
frdbtr
FurriousCougar wrote:
jacksonman wrote:
Should be the Lark era. Not because Lark is necessarily a better athlete or the future, but because he is a senior QB who has put in his time, knows the play book, has a good arm AND has never been given his shot. Riley got the bod over him, then Heaps, then Riley, then Heaps, then Riley, and now Hill. What if we have had our QB all along? If I am Lark, if I don't play next game, I leave the team.


Agreed........this should be Lark's shot. I think throwing Hill to wolves may screw up his development just like Heaps. I guess it takes a few times to learn our lesson



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Whoa whoa whoa, Seriously? You and Spiff cannot be serious. That or you didn't think much about the future when you made this post.



You say you don't want to throw Hill to the wolves...yet you don't want to play him now? Uh... I think we can all agree he is gonna be the starter next year, and if you don't get him some serious experience this year (I'm talking about starting - not a couple reps here and there) he is seriously gonna get thrown to the wolves with the schedule we have next year. I mean, heck, the opener is Texas. If you're serious about not throwing him to the wolves - start him now! Not to mention, he just played a heck of a game in about the hardest place you can play - with a lot of pressure at that (game deciding 4th quarter drive). I'd say he's done a pretty good job with the wolves so far. Play the boy.


I agree. Taysom's skill set is different than Heaps was and gives him the ability to create instead of letting the D t off on him if recievers aren't open. I think he could play well against the upcoming competition.
B
Brayden Green
Let's be honest, most of the games left on the schedule (minus 2) are gimme games.



If it is a straight wash, then you go with the younger guy to get experience for the future.



Me? I want the guy that didn't have a negative PER tonight.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Let's be honest, most of the games left on the schedule (minus 2) are gimme games.



If it is a straight wash, then you go with the younger guy to get experience for the future.



Me? I want the guy that didn't have a negative PER tonight.

agreed. Hill is no Heaps.
J
jacksonman
Hill should be the back-up and Lark should start. Hill can come in every 5 or 6 plays to mix things up, get mop up duty, and replace Lark is he struggles. But lets not forget Lark is a senior QB who was highly recruited and knows the playbook. He is a big guy who can handle the pressure and he has been faithful to BYU while the unproved hype of others keeps delaying his opportunity.



Please Bronco/Doman, give him the reigns for a few games!



By the way, have no personal connection to Lark or any of the other QB's.
B
birdie702
KingCoug wrote:
1280 reported that Bronco said Riley is still the starter.


Bronco is a dumb @$$ if Riley starts!
T
tjerbear
Hill will be awesome given the reps. Stanford asssistant coach who recruited Hill and is an idaho guy said he was the best athlete he had ever seen at quarterback and would be an nfl starting safety athletically. Taysom never went to all the mickey mouse raw raw grooming camps aka Mangum and Heaps but possesses the arm strength, speed and power of a Cam Newton and RG 3. Go back and look at his last 5 runs on that drive and especially the touchdown before you dismiss the previous statement. We all got a glimpse of the future wait till you see what he is capable of when he gets to show off his arm.
J
jacksonman
I agree that Hill is the future and looks damn good! But lets ease him into experience as I think we win just as many games with Lark or Hill. Hill has a lot to learn through watching the game and slowly mastering certain plays/looks. It makes me very nervous to put the future of this team in behind this o-line and have coaches planning for him this year.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.