Archived Topic

Worst Coaching Decision in the History of BYU Football.

by SpiffCoug · 9/21/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Unbelievable.



Bronco quit on his team.
U
Ungoy
I have never seen a more bonheaded call. That was the stupidest, most retarded, I can't believe you just did that, game call. Your offense was inept the whole game, and you think they could actually get 2? Bronco, you just lost major points from me. I have always defended you, but that call in undefensible.
D
dank80
History is a long time. Definitely the worst I've ever seen. Kick the PAT.
F
frdbtr
I don't think he quit. I don't know what he was thinking. I want to hear him answer for it on KSL. BYU did not need a 2 point conversion, it was a plain and simple bone headed call.
G
Gunk
Was that a Bronco call or a Doman call? Or Doman proposing it and Bronco letting Doman dig his own grave.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
You are all crazy. It was absolutely the right call. Raise your hand if you think byu would have won in ot. but at that point byu had the momentum and bsu was on their heals. When your offense has looked that completely and totally inept, but you have a chance to win the game, you take it. I have no problem with the decision to go for 2.



But the play they ran was stupid.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Matty-B
I just don't know... WTF

"I really don't wanna be out here any longer... this blue turf is making me nauseous... GO FOR 2 !!!"
M
mizzoucoug
None of the above. It was the right call because it was an atrocious game that we didn't deserve to win and Bronco knows the season is shot. We had a chance to win and he took it. I knew he'd go for it because feeling of hopelessness has officially set in on the year. As a result, more changes are coming this year.
F
frdbtr
Gunk wrote:
Was that a Bronco call or a Doman call? Or Doman proposing it and Bronco letting Doman dig his own grave.


All 4th down plays and decisions to go for 1 or 2 after a score are head coaching decisions. It was bronco's call.
R
runbyu1
Well, let's see.



-We have hit 68 consecutive extra points so a tie was but all guaranteed

-Their offense coudn't and DIDN'T score on us the entire game

-We had all the momentum

-Our offense was finally moving the ball ok



Reason seems to say that we could have kicked the PAT, got a stop on defense, and kicked a field goal to possibly win. Worst case scenario is we go in to overtime where we have ALL the momentum.



Dumbest call I've ever seen in a BYU football game in my life.



Couldn't be more pissed and embarrassed as a BYU fan right now...
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Should be an option to answer yes to all three.

STUPID!!!!

Maybe he did quit. But i Think moreso he gambled away like an addict. Which is odd bc he doesn't gamble. I wonder of BDoman encouraged to go for the kill right then.

Anyway, stupid!!
I
Isola
You play to win the game.



I suppose you can say you play for overtime, but I liked the call. Momentum was in our favor and if the right guard doesn't get blown 7 yards off the line there is a good chance it works.



And besides, it isn't as though putting the game in our kickers hands has failed us before (like last week, or two years ago against Utah or the last time we were in Boise).
F
frdbtr
Y 4 Ever wrote:
You are all crazy. It was absolutely the right call. Raise your hand if you think byu would have won in ot. but at that point byu had the momentum and bsu was on their heals. When your offense has looked that completely and totally inept, but you have a chance to win the game, you take it. I have no problem with the decision to go for 2.



But the play they ran was stupid.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


**raising my hand** BYU wins in overtime, BYU's defense was dominating BSU, BYU would have won in overtime.
R
runbyu1
Y 4 Ever wrote:



But the play they ran was stupid.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Our pathetic, porous O-line letting a man break through that fast and chase Taysom down was what was stupid.
B
BoiseBYU
It is so easy to judge after the fact. And if we score we'd be saying what a gutsy call. The fact is for the first time our offense was in rhythm and their D was reeling and Taysom had been very good at getting 3 yards. The one Dlineman got penetration and altered the play too greatly
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
Let's see...Boise refuses to kick....WTF..."Peterson ain't smarter than me"..."I'll show him!"
B
BroncoBot
wow. I dont' like the call, but you guys are really in a bad mood. I look around and suddenly feel pretty good that I'm not more angry. Lol
G
Gunk
Y 4 Ever wrote:
You are all crazy. It was absolutely the right call. Raise your hand if you think byu would have won in ot. but at that point byu had the momentum and bsu was on their heals. When your offense has looked that completely and totally inept, but you have a chance to win the game, you take it. I have no problem with the decision to go for 2.



But the play they ran was stupid.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I see why you consider it.



But, kicking it allows you to at least stay in the game. Your defense is playing lights out. Kick the point. Live to keep playing. Get a stop on D as BSU will be rushing. Maybe get into field goal range. At the very least, game goes to overtime.
Y
Y 4 Ever
BoiseBYU wrote:
It is so easy to judge after the fact. And if we score we'd be saying what a gutsy call. The fact is for the first time our offense was in rhythm and their D was reeling and Taysom had been very good at getting 3 yards. The one Dlineman got penetration and altered the play too greatly


Amen. Should have run a play that kept the ball in hills hands



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
You are all crazy. It was absolutely the right call. Raise your hand if you think byu would have won in ot. but at that point byu had the momentum and bsu was on their heals. When your offense has looked that completely and totally inept, but you have a chance to win the game, you take it. I have no problem with the decision to go for 2.



But the play they ran was stupid.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


**raising my hand** BYU wins in overtime, BYU's defense was dominating BSU, BYU would have won in overtime.

<<raising my hand too>>
Page 1 of 5
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.