Archived Topic

The Deepest Irony Hurts the Most

by snoscythe · 9/18/2012

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Bronco finally has a defense that, if coupled with Anae's above-average-yet-conservative offense, could lead this program to being elite.



Unfortunately, we've all seen our offense the past two seasons.....
K
KingCoug
It is ironic. After years of being known as an offensive team, we now have a great defense, while our offense has gone to crap.



I don't really want to speculate on whether Anae's above average offense would be enough. I'm still glad he's gone.
U
Ungoy
Anae I think would've been enough. As predicable as his offense was, it was still known for scoring points. Look at the Beck years, and the Max Hall years. We scored points. I'd take an Anae run offense and this defense any day of the week. I think Doman is a good, if not great QB coach, but he's in way over his head as OC. We need someone proven to take that job.
C
Cougest
Glad he's gone? Agreed he was predictable but a at least our offense was exciting to watch and could score 50 points a game. I'd take Anae over Doman any day of the week. ASU is lighting it up now. Doman is in way over his head.
J
jonnylingo
Very true. Ironic.



I would think byu's coaches are feeling pretty stupid right now. they got owned last year and then lost again to utah without white, without their starting qb, and brian johnson who beat them in 2008 as offensive coordinator.



that loss was an official turning of the tide. utah is big brother at this point. sad but true. i expect recruiting at utah to improve at to state kids going forward. bronco is whit and companies bitch.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Cougest wrote:
Glad he's gone? Agreed he was predictable but a at least our offense was exciting to watch and could score 50 points a game. I'd take Anae over Doman any day of the week. ASU is lighting it up now. Doman is in way over his head.

Anae is at AZ not ASU - but they are lighting it up. He coaches the OL.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
Cougest wrote:
Glad he's gone? Agreed he was predictable but a at least our offense was exciting to watch and could score 50 points a game. I'd take Anae over Doman any day of the week. ASU is lighting it up now. Doman is in way over his head.

Anae is neither an OC, nor is he at ASU.
S
snoscythe
Mars wrote:
Glad he's gone? Agreed he was predictable but a at least our offense was exciting to watch and could score 50 points a game. I'd take Anae over Doman any day of the week. ASU is lighting it up now. Doman is in way over his head.

Anae is neither an OC, nor is he at ASU.


Correct.



But to be fair, the Wildcats are lighting it up just as well as their compadres in Tempe.



http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/teamcume.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
Cougest wrote:
Glad he's gone? Agreed he was predictable but a at least our offense was exciting to watch and could score 50 points a game. I'd take Anae over Doman any day of the week. ASU is lighting it up now. Doman is in way over his head.

Anae is neither an OC, nor is he at ASU.


Correct.



But to be fair, the Wildcats are lighting it up just as well as their compadres in Tempe.



http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/teamcume.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Yessssir .... Robert Anae is the Offensive Line Coach for the Arizona Wildcats. I have been surprised how well they are doing this year. The new Head Coach @ UA is Rodriguez - he was fired from Michigan. I really don't care for Rodriguez - but he has really turned things around at UA.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.