Archived Topic

#22 BCS; #18 Coaches' & Harris, #19 AP

by byutx · 11/15/2009

Advertisement
W
wazzucoug97
I'm surprised to get that much love, from voters that go off of box scores.... maybe they didn't know UNM was winless :bug:



With in-laws in Iowa, I personally would have like to see them win and go to the rose bowl... with Ohio State in it that will likely be one game I ignore this bowl season.
S
SpiffCoug
wazzucoug97 wrote:
I'm surprised to get that much love, from voters that go off of box scores.... maybe they didn't know UNM was winless :bug:



With in-laws in Iowa, I personally would have like to see them win and go to the rose bowl... with Ohio State in it that will likely be one game I ignore this bowl season.

You don't move up in November for winning games. You move up when the teams in front of you don't win games. Did you see all the upsets in front of us?
S
Schmoe
And of course Stanford jumps in one spot ahead of us because they beat USC. It's not that hard to do this year, people, Arizona will probably do it, too.



EDIT--I also thought that TCU would be in line to at least pull one or two first place votes, but I guess you just can't overcome the BCS bias...sigh :roll:
S
SpiffCoug
I'm ok with Stanford jumping us. They're a good team and looked better yesterday than us. Plus they also beat Oregon last week, so that's two good wins in a row. They were also the only team to jump us. We also have a pretty good lead on #19 Clemson. We stand a chance of being a top 15 team when Utah comes to town in two weeks.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I do like the direction we're going. With two wins and a bowl win (possibly vs USC, wouldn't that be nice), we could set ourselves up nicely for next year.
B
byutx
In order to jump in the BCS standings we need as high a Harris Poll # as possible, as the computers are likely to penalize us for playing UNM, like they did to Utah last week. (Last week, Utah jumped a couple spots in both polls but fell 2 in the BCS.)
W
wazzucoug97
kitic77 wrote:
I'm surprised to get that much love, from voters that go off of box scores.... maybe they didn't know UNM was winless :bug:



With in-laws in Iowa, I personally would have like to see them win and go to the rose bowl... with Ohio State in it that will likely be one game I ignore this bowl season.

You don't move up in November for winning games. You move up when the teams in front of you don't win games. Did you see all the upsets in front of us?


I guess I am surprised we didn't get jumped by a few more teams.
C
CAFB_04-12
i'm a bit surprised at the rankings as well. i just hope that the UNM game was a wake-up call for the team so they don't come out equally flat against AFA and Utah.
M
mizzoucoug
What a travesty that TCU didn't hop UT. I'm sorry but TCU would dismantle all 3 of those patsies without a problem this year. It's a shame we won't get to find out since UT is playing A&M this week. Really the only win that would secure respect for non-AQ's would be a win over Florida. Anyone else and they're considered second fiddle. FL has a lapdog called ESPN that would absolutely crush the BCS homers for good with that kind of W.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
I would LOVE to see TCU and Florida. The Gators haven't looked like much of an offensive powerhouse lately. I'd be willing to say TCU rolls Florida much like they rolled Utah.



I would also love to see TCU vs Alabama, or TCU vs Texas.



What I REALLY don't want to see is TCU vs BSU. But that's probably what we'll get.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.