Archived Topic

Silver Lining

by redneckjedi · 9/17/2012

Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
It is better to be a BYU fan and lose, than a :utard: and win.
S
SpiffCoug
redneckjedi wrote:
It is better to be a BYU fan and lose, than a :utard: and win.

+1
B
BoiseBYU
redneckjedi wrote:
It is better to be a BYU fan and lose, than a :utard: and win.

Finally! I can smile....
R
rblack
redneckjedi wrote:
It is better to be a BYU fan and lose, than a :utard: and win.

I'll drink to that.

;)
I
IowaCougar
I always stay away for a few days after a loss, so this may have been said already, but here's my silver lining:



Last year after things went south, the team gave up. This year they fought hard to the very end. I thought that kick was good and already through the uprights when it bounced off the upright. Thanks team for working hard to overcome incredible adversity and almost pull it out.



Here's my big question:



Was it the crowd noise that caused all of the false starts, bad snaps? Did they not work on dealing with that during the week?
Advertisement
Y
Yndian
On KSL after the game, Braden Hansen said it was at least partially attributed to the fact that the Ute D-Linemen were shouting out cadences to throw them off (which is illegal), but the refs said they couldn't hear it because of the crowd noise, so they never penalized them.
S
Schmoe
Yndian wrote:
On KSL after the game, Braden Hansen said it was at least partially attributed to the fact that the Ute D-Linemen were shouting out cadences to throw them off (which is illegal), but the refs said they couldn't hear it because of the crowd noise, so they never penalized them.


Every damn year, and then faking injuries when we tried to run the up-tempo offense. It's illegal and it's bush league. I'll take a group of guys with integrity over those losers up north any day and every day. When winning becomes more important than your own integrity, you've destroyed your own character and your life is sad.
I
IowaCougar
I hope they work on some alternatives to account for the boorish behavior, because they'll face the same thing at Boise State.
T
tmoney35
As others have said, crowd noise and cheating D-lineman is nothing a silent count and some hand signals can't fix.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.