Wickchad84087 wrote:
This all assumes that Riley made a good throw. He pretty much made the throw of his career hitting Hoffman in stride the play before. What are the chances that he makes two perfect throws back-to-back? If it is underthrown the DB would have caught up possibly batting the ball in the air which the clock would have expired even with instant replay.
Two clock questions from the game: Right before the blocked punt, Utah had a delay of game penalty and then had to call timeout to avoid another delay of game. The clock started after the delay of game penalty so they were allowed to run off 25 seconds after the penalty. Can that be right? I can't imagine the clock should run or why ever snap the ball again once you have the lead. Just take a delay of game penalty for 15 minutes and burn the whole 4th quarter.
Another time when this happened was just before the last throw that we're talking about. I think it was after a spiked ball and the ref had to add time back to the clock to get it to 8 seconds. He then said "start the clock on my whistle". Shouldn't the clock start on the snap?
I'm sure the clock ran after the delay of game penalty but it was hard to tell what happened before the last snap with 8 seconds. I was at the game so I couldn't rewind and see what happened.
It doesn't matter to much at this point as the clock operator almost bought us the greatest win ever (off of a fan penalty) but I'd still like to know the rule.