Archived Topic

Opening line: Boise State favored by 7

by KingCoug · 9/17/2012

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
Yeah, there's a game Thursday. :whistle:
S
SpiffCoug
I saw Boise -5.5
B
BoiseBYU
I think our D can keep us in this game BUT BSU's defense is incredibly opportunistic. Their strength is the CBs and safeties. This game is HUGE for BSU and I can assure you that Peterson will pull out all of the stops. And I know Eccles was loud; wait until you hear the crowd at BSU. If we can run, we win. A very big if I know.
F
frdbtr
Turnovers are once again going to be the deciding factor in the BSU game. If BYU can avoid them, we win, if we have multiple turnovers that give BSU points, we will lose.
G
Gunk
Defense will keep us in the game.



I have no confidece in our offense.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
We need to involve Williams more frequently in the rushing attack.

We need to include T. Hill in more plays as he is more difficult to defend with his strong armed passing and good wheels.

OL has to provide better push against DL and give Riley some breathing room to pass whether on roll outs or stepping into pocket - he will find an open receiver if given some time.

Put out an APB on Apo - we need another option in addition to Hoffman.



BTW - H. Reynolds left the game with heavily taped right ankle. Huge loss on OL after his departure. What is his injury status? Stringham was his replacement.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
The Yewts regrouped after a devastating loss to USU, and came into the game as 3 point underdogs. They played with passion and grit. It will be interesting to see what the Y does after this heartbreaking loss. The BSU game will help us truly understand our team after this loss rather than how we did in our wins. We are going to find out a lot about this BYU team based on how they get back to work and prepare for the Broncos.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
northerncougar
This sounds about right. 7-10 pt loss is what I expect.
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:
Turnovers are once again going to be the deciding factor in the BSU game. If BYU can avoid them, we win, if we have multiple turnovers that give BSU points, we will lose.


Special teams - Turnovers - and OL play.



I am very surprised the margin is not 9.5.



We can win. It is a long-shot.



We cannot give up big returns or allow a receiver to come clear back across the field and then turn it up field for 30 yards. We cannot have myster snaps. Need to make field goals (huge concern). And yes - Hoffman, Nelson, and others cannot count on lucky bounces when they fumble or throw picks.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
byucougar1 wrote:
BTW - H. Reynolds left the game with heavily taped right ankle. Huge loss on OL after his departure. What is his injury status? Stringham was his replacement.

Lost for the season.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
I've heard BYU still hasn't opened their playbook. So it should be easy to overcome 7 points, right? ;)
S
SpiffCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
I've heard BYU still hasn't opened their playbook. So it should be easy to overcome 7 points, right? ;)

Yep, we've been saving all our great plays for Boise!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.