Archived Topic

A silver lining?

by snoscythe · 9/16/2012

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
At the Cougar Club luncheon last week Holmoe indicated that the two-year hiatus of the Utah series wasn't set in stone yet, and that he and Hill continue to look for a way to make it work.



So there is that.
D
Ddawg
I know I don't want the Holy War game to go away. But, I am so tired of losing.



I'm actually shocked the game was as close as it was. Our Defense deserves a collective MVP for the game.
U
Ungoy
And the o-line deserves a resounding F-.



Defense did save the game, and at least make it respectable. The linebackers were beasts. Ziggy was blowing Hays up at the beginning of the game, and Tree, Kaveinga, and KVN were everywhere.



I'm amazed at the improvement Ziggy has made in his game this year. He has been amazing to see progress.
D
Ddawg
Ungoy wrote:
And the o-line deserves a resounding F-.



Defense did save the game, and at least make it respectable. The linebackers were beasts. Ziggy was blowing Hays up at the beginning of the game, and Tree, Kaveinga, and KVN were everywhere.



I'm amazed at the improvement Ziggy has made in his game this year. He has been amazing to see progress.


+1. I wish I had a magic wand - and I could make Ziggy a Juinor. Could you imagine another year of both KVN and Ziggy? Holy smokes ....... it makes me tingle (just like Chris Matthews) :lol:
F
fifthqb
The silver lining for me was that the team didn't give up. Last year they quit when they got down. This year they at least kept fighting.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
I'm sorry, and I mean no offense here - but if we are in the "at least we didn't give up camp" for games against Utah. I am going to have to stop watching BYU football.



It's not enough for me that "they didn't give up." Against OU, or Florida or Alabama it would be enough that they didn't give up because of superior talent, and just were outmatched and played through.



But the day I get to "at least they didn't give up (against Utah)" is the day I throw in the towel and find something better to do with my spare time.
J
Jarhead
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I'm sorry, and I mean no offense here - but if we are in the "at least we didn't give up camp" for games against Utah. I am going to have to stop watching BYU football.



It's not enough for me that "they didn't give up." Against OU, or Florida or Alabama it would be enough that they didn't give up because of superior talent, and just were outmatched and played through.



But the day I get to "at least they didn't give up (against Utah)" is the day I throw in the towel and find something better to do with my spare time.


Dude, they are speaking of a silver lining only. Obviously expectations were not met.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.