Archived Topic

Does Bronco Care This Much?

by Y 4 Ever · 9/16/2012

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
When our kick doinked off the upright and reality set in that we really lost to the :utard: yet again, my 11 year old son started to cry. And is still heart broken this morning.



I wish bronco cared that much. I wish he wanted to beat the :utard: as much as an 11 year old fan.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byutx
No. He does not care as much. Last night he said he likes this team and how they played, especially Riley.



This guy just doesn't get it.
C
CDH
Your right he probably coaches to lose.......
Y
Y 4 Ever
CDH wrote:
Your right he probably coaches to lose.......

Smartass. He doesn't coach to lose, but he also doesn't prepare to win big games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CDH
Well you get on this board and it sounds like we are CU. I don't get he doesn't prepare to win the big games....... Thats your opinion!!!!! Alot of coaches don't win the big games. So would you rather he win the big ones and lose to Idaho....... All this talk about maybe its time to find a different coach is absurd......
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
CDH wrote:
Well you get on this board and it sounds like we are CU. I don't get he doesn't prepare to win the big games....... Thats your opinion!!!!! Alot of coaches don't win the big games. So would you rather he win the big ones and lose to Idaho....... All this talk about maybe its time to find a different coach is absurd......

Its not time to find a new coach (bronco is the best available right now). Its time for him to start caring as much as an 11 year old fan.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
Ungoy
For once, I would like to see Bronco get visibly upset when things don't go well. Lavell might have been stoic on the sidelines, but even then he showed more emotion than Bronco does.
A
a1247
Y 4 Ever wrote:
When our kick doinked off the upright and reality set in that we really lost to the :utard: yet again, my 11 year old son started to cry. And is still heart broken this morning.



I wish bronco cared that much. I wish he wanted to beat the :utard: as much as an 11 year old fan.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




My sons 9 and I could see the red from tears welling up in his eyes last night. For the 1st time ever I felt sorry that he is a cougar fan knowing what it is going to be like for him to go to school on Monday. Ute fans a cruel even at 9 years old to Y fans when they win.
G
Gunk
Bronco has a disdain for the fans, which I find very ironic because the whole reason football exists is because of fans. No fans, no sport.



I get the sense Bronco hates the rivalry and hates the fact this game means so much to fans.



To him, it's just another game. Meanwhile we lose sleep over it. What he doesn't get is fans control his job. Fans are already tired of picking on cupcakes. We want to win and we want to win big, starting with Utah.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
CDH wrote:
Well you get on this board and it sounds like we are CU. I don't get he doesn't prepare to win the big games....... Thats your opinion!!!!! Alot of coaches don't win the big games. So would you rather he win the big ones and lose to Idaho....... All this talk about maybe its time to find a different coach is absurd......


As a matter of fact yes! Y fans always mock Utah for some bad losses, losses that we never have against bad teams. But Whit has taken the U to a BCS game and close to others. Bronco isn't close to getting us to these levels and we all know it. I'd rather drop games to Idaho if it meant perhaps going undefeated the next year and making a BCS game.



Is this really debatable?
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
mizzoucoug wrote:
Well you get on this board and it sounds like we are CU. I don't get he doesn't prepare to win the big games....... Thats your opinion!!!!! Alot of coaches don't win the big games. So would you rather he win the big ones and lose to Idaho....... All this talk about maybe its time to find a different coach is absurd......


As a matter of fact yes! Y fans always mock Utah for some bad losses, losses that we never have against bad teams. But Whit has taken the U to a BCS game and close to others. Bronco isn't close to getting us to these levels and we all know it. I'd rather drop games to Idaho if it meant perhaps going undefeated the next year and making a BCS game.



Is this really debatable?


I would give up (3) 10 win seasons against WAC teams for (3) 5 win seasons if it meant going 13-0 and winning Alabama in a BCS bowl.
F
frdbtr
I caution you guys to not mistake self control for apathy. I watched Bronco's media interview and he snapped off his answers short and concise and then got out of there. He was not happy. Just because he doesn't rant, rave and throw his clip board ala patterson doesn't mean he isn't seething inside. He knows as well as the rest of us that BYU pissed the game away with sloppy play.
B
BoiseBYU
frdbtr wrote:
I caution you guys to not mistake self control for apathy. I watched Bronco's media interview and he snapped off his answers short and concise and then got out of there. He was not happy. Just because he doesn't rant, rave and throw his clip board ala patterson doesn't mean he isn't seething inside. He knows as well as the rest of us that BYU pissed the game away with sloppy play.


+1
M
mtnradio
BoiseBYU wrote:
I caution you guys to not mistake self control for apathy. I watched Bronco's media interview and he snapped off his answers short and concise and then got out of there. He was not happy. Just because he doesn't rant, rave and throw his clip board ala patterson doesn't mean he isn't seething inside. He knows as well as the rest of us that BYU pissed the game away with sloppy play.


+1

And the TEAM will see it ... but maybe not to the extent I wish they would. My nephews played for him and they never admitted to seeing a lot of fire from him very often, but knowing it was there. Remember Elder Holland's talk last year about being like a good coach and using just enough fire to singe the eyebrows?



Yeah ... that's what we all want to see, but won't. He's not coaching to make us feel better, he's coaching his team. We all rightfully want to see the team win ... so does he.
A
ABYUFAN
I'm pretty sure that we would all want Bronco fired if he reacted like an 11 year old after either a win or a loss. I'm sure he cares that much, I'm also sure that he's mature enuogh to handle it differently
Advertisement
M
Metallicat
What a ridiculous post. Just curious, have you ever been in the locker room with the team? Have you ever been in team meeting or coaches meetings? Some how I doubt you know anything about how much Bronco does/does not care.
B
byucougar1
Bottom line - the players play the game. Coach cannot do everything for them. Did Bronco or Tushaus make the bad snaps? Did Bronco or Riley throw the interception? Did Bronco or Stephenson/Sorenson miss the FGs? No!!!!! Fact is - we avoid turnovers and we win this game. Hopefully, this aspect is corrected by BSU game - I have a lot more hope that the team that quit last year and gave up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jacksonman
Do you Bronco supporters hear yourself? You cite a pattern of poor performance, execution and preparedness by the players yet hold the coach harmless for this. We have a whole new set of players out there this year from 2-3 years ago but the exact same type of errors, performance and execution and lack of passion. If this doesn't fall on Bronco, who does it fall on?
Y
Y 4 Ever
frdbtr wrote:
I caution you guys to not mistake self control for apathy. I watched Bronco's media interview and he snapped off his answers short and concise and then got out of there. He was not happy. Just because he doesn't rant, rave and throw his clip board ala patterson doesn't mean he isn't seething inside. He knows as well as the rest of us that BYU pissed the game away with sloppy play.


Great. So what's he going to do about it, and when? And why didn't he do something during the game?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jacksonman
Y 4 Ever wrote:
I caution you guys to not mistake self control for apathy. I watched Bronco's media interview and he snapped off his answers short and concise and then got out of there. He was not happy. Just because he doesn't rant, rave and throw his clip board ala patterson doesn't mean he isn't seething inside. He knows as well as the rest of us that BYU pissed the game away with sloppy play.


Great. So what's he going to do about it, and when? And why didn't he do something during the game?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Or before the game? or at the half? or ...
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.