B
BroncoBotWhat should BYU have done to win the game. We're talking offensive side of the ball. BYU needed to get to the magic 24 pts that Greg Wrubell spoke of earlier this week. How SHOULD they have gotten there?
by BroncoBot · 9/16/2012
snoscythe wrote:
Is different OL coach and/or OC not an option?
BroncoBot wrote:Is different OL coach and/or OC not an option?
nope, have to work with what you had available at the time of the game.
snoscythe wrote:snoscythe wrote:
Is different OL coach and/or OC not an option?
nope, have to work with what you had available at the time of the game.
In that case, I don't think any of the above would have changed the outcome.
BroncoBot wrote:BroncoBot wrote:Is different OL coach and/or OC not an option?
nope, have to work with what you had available at the time of the game.
In that case, I don't think any of the above would have changed the outcome.
Nothing could have changed the outcome. I find that highly unlikely. ;)
snoscythe wrote:snoscythe wrote:snoscythe wrote:
Is different OL coach and/or OC not an option?
nope, have to work with what you had available at the time of the game.
In that case, I don't think any of the above would have changed the outcome.
Nothing could have changed the outcome. I find that highly unlikely. ;)
None of your four limited options would have, because (i) they all depend on the same crappy OLine that was failing miserably from the get-go, and (ii) none of that was working for us until it was too late. If we had gone with Hill, I don't know that anything would have changed with the way play calls were going, and Lark's reduced mobility would have had him getting sacked like a veteran hooker for the night.
BroncoBot wrote:BroncoBot wrote:BroncoBot wrote:Is different OL coach and/or OC not an option?
nope, have to work with what you had available at the time of the game.
In that case, I don't think any of the above would have changed the outcome.
Nothing could have changed the outcome. I find that highly unlikely. ;)
None of your four limited options would have, because (i) they all depend on the same crappy OLine that was failing miserably from the get-go, and (ii) none of that was working for us until it was too late. If we had gone with Hill, I don't know that anything would have changed with the way play calls were going, and Lark's reduced mobility would have had him getting sacked like a veteran hooker for the night.
Disagree. If you're Doman, you know your line and what they can do. Play to those strengths. If that means more running plays, do that. If it means leaning on the arm and legs of RN do that. I think Nelson had entirely too much responsibility placed on him to make everything happen. Getting the running game going would have done wonders for Riley and for the passing game.
snoscythe wrote:
What have you seen in the first three games that makes you think this OLine and playbook are capable of "getting the running game going"? Our inability to run against Wazzou? Weber State? Tonight?
I simply cannot fathom how you could possibly be sitting at a computer and typing with a straight face that "getting the running game going" would have somehow been "playing to our strengths" when the running game, behind our abysmal OLine, has been the least functional part of our playbook this season.
frdbtr wrote:What have you seen in the first three games that makes you think this OLine and playbook are capable of "getting the running game going"? Our inability to run against Wazzou? Weber State? Tonight?
I simply cannot fathom how you could possibly be sitting at a computer and typing with a straight face that "getting the running game going" would have somehow been "playing to our strengths" when the running game, behind our abysmal OLine, has been the least functional part of our playbook this season.
BYU ran for 100 yards tonight, against what many have been saying is the best dline we will face all season.
CDH wrote:
Ya Heaps didn't look that way last year right.......