Archived Topic

Fire Weber. Now.

by Y 4 Ever · 9/16/2012

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
8+ false starts. Flat-out missed blocking assignments. And the STUPIDEST play of the game that COMPLETELY turned EVERYTHING to the #*(@*()R$() @()@*)#*ing yewts.



He is a completely inept coach, and has proven it time and again.



Time to man up Bronco and fire Weber. Tonight. Don't even let him on the bus.



The O-line has cost us this game.
J
jacksonman
Where do we sign?
B
BPcougs
I'll sign that petition also.
D
Ddawg
+1. Very discouraging. I had such high hopes ...... Ugggh. Well, we still have the 4th Qtr to come back.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Ddawg wrote:
+1. Very discouraging. I had such high hopes ...... Ugggh. Well, we still have the 4th Qtr to come back.


Come back? Please. Our comeback hopes were just squashed by an overpowering 3-man rush. Thanks to our awesome O-line.
Advertisement
S
srcougar
Please!
S
Schmoe
This. I put this loss squarely on the O-line.
C
Cougs_Rule
I love the guy, but he has to go. But not their fault alone. Give me a break.
S
Schmoe
dmcougar wrote:
I love the guy, but he has to go. But not their fault alone. Give me a break.


Yeah, just eight penalties and the most costly mistake of the game, giving up a 70 yard TD that was the difference in the game, but they weren't the unit that struggled the most and cost us the game.
S
snoscythe
I'd put Doman's head on the chopping block at this point as well. Name one thing his offense has done well since he took the helm. The only thing I can come up with is Cody Hoffman, and I don't think Doman has much to do with that. When your offense has nothing they do really well and rely upon a QB's ability to improvise when plays break down to win games, you have a playbook/coordinating issue.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Schmoe wrote:
I love the guy, but he has to go. But not their fault alone. Give me a break.


Yeah, just eight penalties and the most costly mistake of the game, giving up a 70 yard TD that was the difference in the game, but they weren't the unit that struggled the most and cost us the game.


I 100% believe that without that complete disaster caused by our fantastic O Line that we win this game, and going away. So yes, this game is 100% on the shoulders of the O Line and their..."coach"
G
Gunk
snoscythe wrote:
I'd put Doman's head on the chopping block at this point as well. Name one thing his offense has done well since he took the helm. The only thing I can come up with is Cody Hoffman, and I don't think Doman has much to do with that. When your offense has nothing they do really well and rely upon a QB's ability to improvise when plays break down to win games, you have a playbook/coordinating issue.


Doman got schooled by Brian Johnson.



At one point in the game we had ran the option 7 times for a grand total of 6 yards. STOP RUNNING THE OPTION. You don't have the QB for it, the OL for it or the RB for it.
S
Schmoe
Gunk wrote:
I'd put Doman's head on the chopping block at this point as well. Name one thing his offense has done well since he took the helm. The only thing I can come up with is Cody Hoffman, and I don't think Doman has much to do with that. When your offense has nothing they do really well and rely upon a QB's ability to improvise when plays break down to win games, you have a playbook/coordinating issue.


Doman got schooled by Brian Johnson.



At one point in the game we had ran the option 7 times for a grand total of 6 yards. STOP RUNNING THE OPTION. You don't have the QB for it, the OL for it or the RB for it.


We had more total yards, more passing yards, and more rushing yards, but Doman was "schooled?" Disagree, if the O-line does anything close to their jobs, the plays develop (like the last pass to a wide open Hoffman that would have won the game) and we win going away. It wasn't the play calling that was the problem, it was the execution of the o-line (which I'm in favor of, by the way).
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
I'd put Doman's head on the chopping block at this point as well. Name one thing his offense has done well since he took the helm. The only thing I can come up with is Cody Hoffman, and I don't think Doman has much to do with that. When your offense has nothing they do really well and rely upon a QB's ability to improvise when plays break down to win games, you have a playbook/coordinating issue.


Doman got schooled by Brian Johnson.



At one point in the game we had ran the option 7 times for a grand total of 6 yards. STOP RUNNING THE OPTION. You don't have the QB for it, the OL for it or the RB for it.


We had more total yards, more passing yards, and more rushing yards, but Doman was "schooled?" Disagree, if the O-line does anything close to their jobs, the plays develop (like the last pass to a wide open Hoffman that would have won the game) and we win going away. It wasn't the play calling that was the problem, it was the execution of the o-line (which I'm in favor of, by the way).

10 years ago I NEVER thought that BYU would be relying on the defense to win games. How times have changed.



Obviously, BYU football has some major offensive issues to iron out.
C
cougman
Schmoe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
I'd put Doman's head on the chopping block at this point as well. Name one thing his offense has done well since he took the helm. The only thing I can come up with is Cody Hoffman, and I don't think Doman has much to do with that. When your offense has nothing they do really well and rely upon a QB's ability to improvise when plays break down to win games, you have a playbook/coordinating issue.


Doman got schooled by Brian Johnson.



At one point in the game we had ran the option 7 times for a grand total of 6 yards. STOP RUNNING THE OPTION. You don't have the QB for it, the OL for it or the RB for it.


We had more total yards, more passing yards, and more rushing yards, but Doman was "schooled?" Disagree, if the O-line does anything close to their jobs, the plays develop (like the last pass to a wide open Hoffman that would have won the game) and we win going away. It wasn't the play calling that was the problem, it was the execution of the o-line (which I'm in favor of, by the way).


Outside of the last series of the first half, I'd agree. That little whatthehellarewetryingtodo series was absurd. I would like to know how many targets Apo got. Does he have a problem getting open?
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Been saying this for a couple weeks now. FIRE WEBER! No more keeping around tenured losers.
B
BPcougs
Apo's only problem is deciding where to transfer to after the season.
C
cougforlife8
So anyone know where they sell the pitch forks and torches
G
Gunk
Schmoe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
I'd put Doman's head on the chopping block at this point as well. Name one thing his offense has done well since he took the helm. The only thing I can come up with is Cody Hoffman, and I don't think Doman has much to do with that. When your offense has nothing they do really well and rely upon a QB's ability to improvise when plays break down to win games, you have a playbook/coordinating issue.


Doman got schooled by Brian Johnson.



At one point in the game we had ran the option 7 times for a grand total of 6 yards. STOP RUNNING THE OPTION. You don't have the QB for it, the OL for it or the RB for it.


We had more total yards, more passing yards, and more rushing yards, but Doman was "schooled?" Disagree, if the O-line does anything close to their jobs, the plays develop (like the last pass to a wide open Hoffman that would have won the game) and we win going away. It wasn't the play calling that was the problem, it was the execution of the o-line (which I'm in favor of, by the way).


Who cares. Utah had more points.



Midway through the 4th quarter ESPN flashed a stat. Utah had 160 yards on punt returns and we had 180 yards of total offense. Yay! So much for Nitro.



What kind of OC runs the same play 7 times and gets only 6 yards.
S
Schmoe
Gunk wrote:
Gunk wrote:
I'd put Doman's head on the chopping block at this point as well. Name one thing his offense has done well since he took the helm. The only thing I can come up with is Cody Hoffman, and I don't think Doman has much to do with that. When your offense has nothing they do really well and rely upon a QB's ability to improvise when plays break down to win games, you have a playbook/coordinating issue.


Doman got schooled by Brian Johnson.



At one point in the game we had ran the option 7 times for a grand total of 6 yards. STOP RUNNING THE OPTION. You don't have the QB for it, the OL for it or the RB for it.


We had more total yards, more passing yards, and more rushing yards, but Doman was "schooled?" Disagree, if the O-line does anything close to their jobs, the plays develop (like the last pass to a wide open Hoffman that would have won the game) and we win going away. It wasn't the play calling that was the problem, it was the execution of the o-line (which I'm in favor of, by the way).


Who cares. Utah had more points.



Midway through the 4th quarter ESPN flashed a stat. Utah had 160 yards on punt returns and we had 180 yards of total offense. Yay! So much for Nitro.



What kind of OC runs the same play 7 times and gets only 6 yards.


Yes, and we all know that if the other team has more points, the only explanation is that your OC got "schooled." :roll:
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.