Archived Topic

Outcoached

by Cougy_Monster · 9/16/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougy_Monster
Bronco is so Outcoached at the beginning of these yewtah games. It's sad.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jacksonman
AGREED!!



So pathetic. Every year. Slow starts. Horrible executions. Team poorly prepared.



Just watched Riley fumble again!



Coming out party for me. Not a fan of Riley or Bronco. Both perfect for a mid-tier independent team if that is all we want to be.



I cringe every time Riley throws the balls, runs, sits back in the pockets, etc. Only time I don't cringe is when he hands it off, and we don't have a great running game so I don't like that either.



If we lose this game, while ranked, too Utah, who just lost their starting QB and RB, and have a 1st year OC, ...
C
Cougs_Rule
:roll: Hey, it's just another game! Settle down.
J
jacksonman
If this is just another game then you should be ashamed to call yourself a fan of BYU Football!
A
AJP
Yep, Bronco sure has been out-coached. All of of those false starts are squarely his fault! I wish Bronco would call better plays on offense too, we all know Bronco could do better there!
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I really see it as a jitters and player execution problem. You can lead a horse to water...
J
jacksonman
Yep. Every year BYU gets sloppy against the U and tallies up excessive penalty yards that kill drives. Team preparation. Yep, that's on Bronco.



Plays on offense. Game planning with your O-Coord. Not playing a large enough role on offensive planning, scheming and cooridnating. Yep, that's in Bronco.



Relying on Heaps/Nelson to produce for the 2011-2013 seasons only to be left with one average QB who likes to run for 2 yards and lead with his head every chance he gets. Yep, that's on Bronco.



Bottom line is that we have under performed against our rival EVERY year under Bronco. If that doesn't land squarely on his shoulder, who else does it fall on? BYU President? God himself?
A
AJP
Seriously? These are college players who only play a rivalry game like this a few times in their life ever... and you expect them to play like nothing's different? They have jitters... they're human. Do I want them to not play like that? yeah. But to say they're committing penalties and having bad snaps because of Bronco? You gotta be kidding me.
J
jacksonman
If it happens every year, than YES! We haven't a QB ready to play against the U for 3 years, so yes, that is on Bronco!
C
Cougy_Monster
AJP wrote:
Seriously? These are college players who only play a rivalry game like this a few times in their life ever... and you expect them to play like nothing's different? They have jitters... they're human. Do I want them to not play like that? yeah. But to say they're committing penalties and having bad snaps because of Bronco? You gotta be kidding me.


I agree. They are young college players. I don't blame them. I blame their mentors who have a Responsibility to teach the young men how to get fired up and still stay focused.



My point is that EVERY YEAR WHEN BYU PLAYS YEWTAH THE EXECUTION AND OVERALL TEAM CHEMISTRY IS WAY BETTER ON THE YEWTAH SIDE OF THE BALL.



IMHO that falls on coaching.



If you haven't noticed a stark difference in MENTAL preparation between the 2 teams over the Kryle vs Bronco era then there is no point in continuing this debate because we'll never see eye to eye.



BYU is the better team. Bronco is the better coach, except for his pride or whatever it is that limits his ability to admit that this game is NOT just another game. I sure hope we win.
Advertisement
B
bcsbuster
Riley sucks and is a terrible thrower. For supposibly being a leader he sure is pouting around out there. Weber should be fired this O line is a joke and I can't believe how much better a coach KWhitt is than Bronco in getting his team ready for a big game. His guys don't look nervous and are flying around and the BYU guys look like they just pissed down their leg. (At least the offense does) Defense has done ok other than the TD pass that was just thrown.
F
frdbtr
BYU's problems with execution at the beginning of this game were not coaching issues. I have been saying it for weeks. I hope that BYU's emotion causes them to focus on execution and come out playing well. It was just exactly the opposite. BYU came out with emotion and fire and a total lack of concentration, which caused sloppy play.
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
BYU came out with emotion and fire and a total lack of concentration, which caused sloppy play.

sounds a lot like 2011 to me.
M
mizzoucoug
AJP wrote:
Seriously? These are college players who only play a rivalry game like this a few times in their life ever... and you expect them to play like nothing's different? They have jitters... they're human. Do I want them to not play like that? yeah. But to say they're committing penalties and having bad snaps because of Bronco? You gotta be kidding me.


Same thing every year with different players. What is the constant? Bronco. Your argument is stupid and shows a clear lack of knowledge about sports. Show us another rivalry game that plays out with excessive penalties every season. BYU is not disciplined, even with a residing bishop as its coach.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.