Archived Topic

UNLV is a very good win for the Pac12

by hawkwing · 9/15/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
Just watched the WSU UNLV football game, it was something like watching the blind play the blind. But at the end the ESPN talking heads said that although it wasn't a a marquee win it was a VERY GOOD win for the pac12, which shows that it is right behind the SEC.



Yep, the mighty unlv rebels which I think are 4-23 under their current head coach and who just lost to a FCS team is very strong!
M
Mingjai
I pretty much ignore everything Rod Gilmore says. Having worked in broadcasting I'm usually very forgive of the talent because it is a challenge fill air time, but I can't believe Rod Gilmore still works for ESPN. For a Stanford and Boalt grad, practicing attorney, and Oakland city councilman, he lets some poorly developed ideas slip out of his mouth.
S
Schmoe
Mingjai wrote:
...For an Oakland city councilman...


Well, that might explain it. I think there's a haze of various drug smoke that hangs in the air in Oakland that leaves everyone in a haze of their own.
C
Cougarbib
Context



It was WSU - a team that was lucky to be 1-1 playing UNLV. Not USC or even Utah. Wait - Utah has been known to lose to a bad YNLV team. I mean't not Oregon or even any of the top half.



For Colorado, U's new rival or WSU - it was a nice win - because they will even struggle to beat U.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Sorry bib, you're wrong. Maybe you didn't hear the guy on ESPN, the context wasn't that it was a good win for a crappy WSU team, the context was that it was wins like this that put the pac12 as the second best conference, behind only the sec.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Well, I half agree. UNLV is a TOUGH team to beat for Pac12 teams. That much is true. But I don't know that it puts them on par with SEC teams. Actually, that's subjective as well since SEC teams are losing to the LA-Monroe's of the world and then claim superiority while beating each other up.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.