Archived Topic

Today's games

by Schmoe · 11/14/2009

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
It's strange to be rooting against one USC and for another (or is that one SCU). Either way, USC looks like they're going down again (just saw the pick six, the trojans are getting worked!!), but they could probably have four losses and still be ranked with how much everybody loves them. The gamecocks are sticking with Florida, let's all hope for the upset there. Idaho is looking poopy vs the drunk donkeys, no surprise there. Also, a North Carolina win over Miami could help us move up, let's hope it happens!
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
It's strange to be rooting against one USC and for another (or is that one SCU).

They both go by "USC".
W
wazzucoug97
Ohio in another BCS bowl :sick: :sick: :sick:
S
Schmoe
Ohio St. will get killed, as usual. What makes me sick is the chance that two Big Ten schools might get bids this year :sick:
C
CAFB_04-12
holy cripes, Stanford is wiping the floor with the Trojans.



And Boise is looking to put up a Benjamin on Idaho.



And one of the worst teams in the world takes BYU to within 5 points.



Whata day.
Advertisement
W
wazzucoug97
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
holy cripes, Stanford is wiping the floor with the Trojans.



And Boise is looking to put up a Benjamin on Idaho.



And one of the worst teams in the world takes BYU to within 5 points.



Whata day.


Any Given Saturday?
M
Matty-B
I thought this would be nice:



1) Florida-24, South Carolina-14

2)Alabama-31, Miss St.-3

3)Texas-47, Baylor 14

4)TCU-55, Utah-28

5)Cincy-24, WVU-21

6) Boise St.-63, Idaho-25

7)Georgia Tech-49, Duke-10

8 )LSU-24, Louisianna Tech.-16

9) USC-21, Stanford-55

10)Iowa-24, Ohio St.-27

11)Ohio St.-27, Iowa-24

12)Pitt-27, ND-22

13)Oregon-17, ASU-7

14)Miami-24, UNC-33

15)Houston-32, UCF-37

16)Utah-28, TCU-55

17)Arizona- 16, Cal-24

18)Penn St.-31, Indiana-20

19)Oklahoma St-24, Texas Tech-10

20)Wisconsin-45, Michigan-24

21)Virginia Tech-36, Maryland-9

22)BYU-24, UNM-19

23)Oregon St-48, Washington-21

24)USF-0, Rutgers-31

25)WVU-21, Cincy-24
M
Mars


I'm surprised there haven't been more references to the Houston loss.



So many people want to add Houston to the MWC, ignoring the fact that they haven't had a single Top 25 finish since this conference was formed. They aren't a good school, and they don't have a viable athletics program. Don't mistake a great QB on a mediocre team for a solid foundation to base future decisions on...
M
Matty-B
Mars wrote:


I'm surprised there haven't been more references to the Houston loss.



So many people want to add Houston to the MWC, ignoring the fact that they haven't had a single Top 25 finish since this conference was formed. They aren't a good school, and they don't have a viable athletics program. Don't mistake a great QB on a mediocre team for a solid foundation to base future decisions on...




I'm with you Mars! You can only pretend so long!
S
Schmoe
If OK St. and Pitt could lose, I would consider it a personal favor (and you better believe that I'll be complaining when USC is still ranked ahead of us tomorrow).
Advertisement
M
Matty-B
Matty-B wrote:
I thought this would be nice:



1) Florida-24, South Carolina-14

2)Alabama-31, Miss St.-3

3)Texas-47, Baylor 14

4)TCU-55, Utah-28

5)Cincy-24, WVU-21

6) Boise St.-63, Idaho-25

7)Georgia Tech-49, Duke-10

8 )LSU-24, Louisianna Tech.-16

9) USC-21, Stanford-55

10)Iowa-24, Ohio St.-27

11)Ohio St.-27, Iowa-24

12)Pitt-27, ND-22

13)Oregon-17, ASU-7

14)Miami-24, UNC-33

15)Houston-32, UCF-37

16)Utah-28, TCU-55

17)Arizona- 16, Cal-24

18)Penn St.-31, Indiana-20

19)Oklahoma St-24, Texas Tech-10

20)Wisconsin-45, Michigan-24

21)Virginia Tech-36, Maryland-9

22)BYU-24, UNM-19

23)Oregon St-48, Washington-21

24)USF-0, Rutgers-31

25)WVU-21, Cincy-24




So where do we end up tomorrow? What do you guys think?
W
wazzucoug97
I'd be surprised if we moved up more than 20.... will probably get jumped by a few teams and some of those will not fall too far.... 5 pt win just was ugly to put up against an 0-9 team.
C
CAFB_04-12
i just assumed we'd stay put or drop a spot or two. computer rankings seem to take a bit hit when you play really bad teams.
S
Schmoe
wazzucoug97 wrote:
I'd be surprised if we moved up more than 20...


Yeah, I don't think anyone will put us at #1 or #2.
W
wazzucoug97
Schmoe wrote:
I'd be surprised if we moved up more than 20...


Yeah, I don't think anyone will put us at #1 or #2.


20 as in #20 :blush:
Advertisement
F
Florwood
I"m a little more optimistic, at 19, with passing the four mid/late teens who lost, and having Stanford or a similar team pass us. USC should really be out of the top 25, but probably will be somewhere around BYU because of voter inertia.
G
gmj81
Count on passing Houston, Utah and Arizona for sure, with the possibility of passing Miami. Don't count on passing Iowa or USC. But be prepared to be jumped by Oregon State and Stanford. So I'm guessing we might be in the 19-20 range too.



As far as movement in the rest of the rankings... I think Cincy's win was close enough that Georgia Tech or Boise might jump them. Texas could possibly jump Alabama for #2. LSU might drop after a lackluster performance against Louisiana Tech but I'm not banking on it because the SEC plays such a grueling schedule, it's OK if they suffer a letdown out of conference against a 3-7 WAC team, right?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.