Archived Topic

Fixing a small problem with Bball scoring

by hawkwing · 11/14/2009

Advertisement
G
Guest
Hey everyone, I'm fixing a small bug within the bball prediction game which is preventing the scoring from working. But your guesses are safe, and you're safe to make your predictions for future games.



Thanks!
M
Mars


http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/pdf/0000013034-4.pdf



BYU Wins

BYU 70

Bradley 60



Bradley had more turnovers (15 to 11)



BYU's FG% 40.0

BYU's 3P% 36.8

Bradley's FG% 36.0

Bradley's 3P% 38.9



BYU shot and made more free throws (19-of-27 to 17-of-26)

Both teams made 7 3-pointers

BYU had more blocks (3 to 2)



Jimmer Fredette led the team with Points (25)

Jimmer Fredette led the team with Assists (4)

Tyler Haws led the team with Rebounds (7)

Charles Abouo led the team with Steals (2)



http://www.cougarcorner.com/bball_predictions.php



Schmoe should be winning after week #1, it looks like...
S
Schmoe
Woot! :D I told you I knew nothing about college basketball!
G
Guest
The bugs are fixed, as far as I can tell. Mars, do you want to make sure the results are saved correctly now and score the game.
M
Mars


"Who will have more turnovers? (lose the ball) (2 pts.)"

It still won't let me change this from "Tie", which I entered incorrectly, to "Bradley".

And where other final answers elsewhere read as "BYU" or "TIE", this one just shows up as "0", which strikes me as odd...
Advertisement
G
Guest
Mars wrote:


"Who will have more turnovers? (lose the ball) (2 pts.)"

It still won't let me change this from "Tie", which I entered incorrectly, to "Bradley".

And where other final answers elsewhere read as "BYU" or "TIE", this one just shows up as "0", which strikes me as odd...


Thanks MARS, I just realized I was treating question 4 as a ### and not as a BYU / OPP / TIE question. I've fixed that, so please try and save the results and score it again.
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:
Thanks MARS, I just realized I was treating question 4 as a ### and not as a BYU / OPP / TIE question. I've fixed that, so please try and save the results and score it again.

The weekly score is fixed now (we all get a "0" on that question, as it seems all of our individual picks were moved to "Tie" by the same save bug).



BUT the overall score reflects the old score now, and not the current one, so everyone has 2 more points in the far right column than they should have.



Man, this is trickier than programming the VCR!
G
Guest
Mars wrote:
Thanks MARS, I just realized I was treating question 4 as a ### and not as a BYU / OPP / TIE question. I've fixed that, so please try and save the results and score it again.

The weekly score is fixed now (we all get a "0" on that question, as it seems all of our individual picks were moved to "Tie" by the same save bug).



BUT the overall score reflects the old score now, and not the current one, so everyone has 2 more points in the far right column than they should have.



Man, this is trickier than programming the VCR!


My bad!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.