Archived Topic

BYU or Utah: Better Running Backs?

by hawkwing · 9/11/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
Which school has the better stable of running backs?
S
SpiffCoug
Utah if they were all healthy.
J
jonnylingo
I am going to have to go with utah until these byu backs show me something.
L
Lawboy
I have been underwhelmed by the BYU backs thus far. Not running it consistently well, and not really involved in the passing game at all either.



With White, the U had the edge. With his out, I have no idea what they have. They did get 2 good recruits at RB, but both are unproven, so honestly, I call it a push at this point. Upside edge to Utah, but until proven, no edge at all.
C
Cougarbib
U will almost always have the edge at RB and DB. They can recruit and live with athletes that could not comply with BYU academic and moral standards. And they do.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I'd say we have more depth, but their #1 guy is better than any one of our guys.
C
Cougs_Rule
Hate to be so myopic, but as with the QB question, we'll find out Saturday!

JBlanco might be hurt and limited AND certainly not as strong as last year!

But based on history, stats, etc, have to unfortunately go with the U.

But then again, how much of this is predicated on Oline. Utah lost two starters to the NFL--those guys were pretty big time. This year seems that the U Oline sucks. And thus their running game is very suspect. But, Saturday!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.