Archived Topic

BYU or Utah: Who has the better QB?

by hawkwing · 9/11/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
Which school's slate of QBs is better than the other?



BYU with Riley Nelson, James Lark, and Taysom Hill or Utah with Jon Hays, and Travis Wilson?
W
wahdee
Obviously the Cougs. Hays is marginal at best, and Wilson is only good for 20-30 yards. Van Noy is gonna have a good day no matter who the Yewts put in. :lol:
S
SpiffCoug
BYU's Nelson, Lark and Hill would all be starters at Utah.
B
bigbluepuma
SpiffCoug wrote:
BYU's Nelson, Lark and Hill would all be starters at Utah.


Munns and Olson too.
B
bigbluepuma
It's a little closer now with Winn gone, but still a landslide.
Advertisement
M
Mars
bigbluepuma wrote:
BYU's Nelson, Lark and Hill would all be starters at Utah.
Munns and Olson too.
And Kuresa. ;)
B
bigbluepuma
Mars wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
BYU's Nelson, Lark and Hill would all be starters at Utah.
Munns and Olson too.
And Kuresa. ;)


Kuresa would start at QB and WR. He'd just throw it high and run under it. ;)
C
Cougs_Rule
Guess we'll see this Saturday. Statistically speaking looks like Riley. But the big game with big D is at hand.
S
Schmoe
Utah. Their QB's can actually throw a ball more than ten yards. Our D won't be ready because we don't have film on them and we'll lose the rivalry game like we always do.
J
jonnylingo
This is the easiest poll we have every had (byu in landlside). I am not counting bib's polls. To me those are polls with asterisks.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I see dmcougar hasn't voted yet.



;)



I kid, I kid.
M
Mars
jonnylingo wrote:
This is the easiest poll we have every had (byu in landlside). I am not counting bib's polls. To me those are polls with asterisks.

That's because every bib poll reads something like...



"Who is better?

A- Anyone but BYU (BYU sucks).

B- Everyone not BYU (The Cougar are extremely mediocre).

C- Utah (bib really likes Utah!)."
S
scott715
There is film on Hayes. He played last week and most of last season with Wynn out.
C
Cougs_Rule
Mars wrote:
This is the easiest poll we have every had (byu in landlside). I am not counting bib's polls. To me those are polls with asterisks.

That's because every bib poll reads something like...



"Who is better?

A- Anyone but BYU (BYU sucks).

B- Everyone not BYU (The Cougar are extremely mediocre).

C- Utah (bib really likes Utah!)."


Ok, this is really funny. Sorry, Bib. I like some of your polls. And I certainly don't write the best ones. But pretty funny.
C
Cougs_Rule
snoscythe wrote:
I see dmcougar hasn't voted yet.



;)



I kid, I kid.


Funny.



And, of course all three look/are better than Hays. Maybe Wilson will be better than Riley or Lark, but not better than Hll. But that's the future.

But in this game, I suppose there is at least a little doubt when considering the outcome. If Utah wins, which is increasingly less likely, will that at some level in this analysis make the Utah qb better? Tats where some of my hesitation is.

Wold I take all three of BYU's qb''s? Absolutely.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
dmcougar wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
This is the easiest poll we have every had (byu in landlside). I am not counting bib's polls. To me those are polls with asterisks.

That's because every bib poll reads something like...



"Who is better?

A- Anyone but BYU (BYU sucks).

B- Everyone not BYU (The Cougar are extremely mediocre).

C- Utah (bib really likes Utah!)."


Ok, this is really funny. Sorry, Bib. I like some of your polls. And I certainly don't write the best ones. But pretty funny.


Which of my polls reads like this. Post a link to it. I will tell you how I voted. I assure you it was not U very often.



My QB poll listed every viable QB and I expected Keeton to get a few votes - but I expected Riley to win and I voted for Riley. In fact - I ranked them all in my comment and vote explanation. U have to go pretty far down my list to find any Ute.



Voted the same way on this poll about QB depth chart. This poll does not include USU. USU would be a contender do to having two proven QBs - experience matters. I would really need to ponder - but since BYU has three that could contribute - BYU > USU by a hair and both are much > U even before Wynn got injured again.



Does that make me a Ute lover or just balanced and objective?



Confession - U might find me voting for U on a RB poll and maybe DL poll - and that would about be it.
C
Cougs_Rule
Bib, I might be wrong, but I think you are missing the point.

It's more about your dangling participles, loose syntax, sentance run-ons, and meandering thought processes.

But it takes one to know one. You're busy, fast Eddy and moving on to the next thing.

Just A guess.
B
byucougar1
Yes those sentance run-ons are irritating to say the least :-)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.