Archived Topic

K Whitt's Comments

by crh55 · 9/11/2012

Advertisement
C
crh55
Today Kryle was asked about the improved BYU defense and he indicated that we really hadn't played anyone yet, so it was too early to tell if we have a decent Defense this season.



The Utes have been discounting our win agaisnt Washington State already. Funny thought, the WSU cougars have the same record as the Utes. Neither team has beat a D1 program yet. Come on Kyle, have some respect!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
crh55 wrote:
Today Kryle was asked about the improved BYU defense and he indicated that we really hadn't played anyone yet, so it was too early to tell if we have a decent Defense this season.



The Utes have been discounting our win agaisnt Washington State already. Funny thought, the WSU cougars have the same record as the Utes. Neither team has beat a D1 program yet. Come on Kyle, have some respect!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




In fairness - we have not played anyone as good as USU yet - and on the road yet - but I am surprised KWhitt would utter one word of locker room material.



Their cupcake had more frosting than WS2 but I admit that their WAC opponent on the road might have been tougher than our PAC 12 WSU 1.



But I think we get to play U head-to-head at their place Saturday and resolve all State Supremacy issues for a year.
C
Cougs_Rule
What??? And expect him to act incongruent with his true self?
G
Guest
I heard last week all about PAC12 caliber athletes and all the depth that you get by being in the PAC12. I would imagine that a program like Washington St., which has been in the PAC12 for so much longer would have even that much more depth and quality of athlete than the chicken hawks up north.
D
Dwight
I'm sure Mike Leach would take umbrage to those comments. I predict a WSU victory over Utah later this year. ;)
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:
I heard last week all about PAC12 caliber athletes and all the depth that you get by being in the PAC12. I would imagine that a program like Washington St., which has been in the PAC12 for so much longer would have even that much more depth and quality of athlete than the chicken hawks up north.

I was unaware that Utah was in the Pac 12... When did this happen? And why hasn't that school or its fans done anything to let us know that they are in the Pac 12?
C
Cougarfan87
I think everyone is being too hard on KWitt. He is right that we really haven't played anyone yet...and we won't until we go on the road at Boise State. Then we will figure out how good this team is. ;)
G
Gunk
What a tool...



Anyone with half an eye on college football knows the Pac12 is down. Accept for USC and Oregon, the Pac12 has very littel bite. USC and Oregon are busy bemoaning how pathetic the rest of the conference is.



All Utah has right now is the fact they're in the Pac12. They've got nothing else. So, they pump it up like the rest of the Pac12 bottom feeders. Nothing else, other than their conference affiliation to distinguish them.



They won't sniff a conference championship or BCS bowl in the next 10 years. The most they'll go to is the Las Vegas bowl.
R
redneckjedi
Gunk wrote:
What a tool...



Anyone with half an eye on college football knows the Pac12 is down. Accept for USC and Oregon, the Pac12 has very littel bite. USC and Oregon are busy bemoaning how pathetic the rest of the conference is.



All Utah has right now is the fact they're in the Pac12. They've got nothing else. So, they pump it up like the rest of the Pac12 bottom feeders. Nothing else, other than their conference affiliation to distinguish them.



They won't sniff a conference championship or BCS bowl in the next 10 years. The most they'll go to is the Las Vegas bowl.


I watched part of the USC Syracuse game. They didn't look as good as I would have expected a top 5 team to look against a Big East team with one winning season since 2004. And Oregon's numbers kind of look like BYU 2001 - lots of points, zero defense. Gave up 530 yards and 34 points to Arkansas state. Neither of these teams is going to the title game this year, and both are probably overrated at this point. Then again, so is everybody until mid October.
L
Lawboy
Hard to say that the PAC is down this year boys. They are good at the top this year. It is the Big 10 that is down. Especially after Oregon State beat Wisconsin, UCLA beat NU, ASU beat Illinois. Top it off with UA thumping of Okie State. All with good OOC wins. Add USC, Stanford, ORegon to mix. That is some good football so far.



Utah and Colorado and Cal, on the other hard--not so much. But they still a better than the B1G.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Hard to say that the PAC is down this year boys. They are good at the top this year. It is the Big 10 that is down. Especially after Oregon State beat Wisconsin, UCLA beat NU, ASU beat Illinois. Top it off with UA thumping of Okie State. All with good OOC wins. Add USC, Stanford, ORegon to mix. That is some good football so far.



Utah and Colorado and Cal, on the other hard--not so much. But they still a better than the B1G.
D
Ddawg
ABYUFAN wrote:
I heard last week all about PAC12 caliber athletes and all the depth that you get by being in the PAC12. I would imagine that a program like Washington St., which has been in the PAC12 for so much longer would have even that much more depth and quality of athlete than the chicken hawks up north.


I was unaware that Utah was in the Pac 12... When did this happen? And why hasn't that school or its fans done anything to let us know that they are in the Pac 12?


Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! :D :lol: :D :lol: :crazy:
D
Dwight
My brother is a WSU alumni. I believe his response to kwhit was "whittingham can go suck an egg." I'm a WSU homer, aside from when they play byu, I am going on the record as predicting that leach orchestrates a stinging rebuke of Utah's o.definition of a pac bottom dweller. Then he can pass the sucking egg to Gordo Monson.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
imuakahuku
C'mon, this isn't any surprise. KWhit is the Biden of College Football, the gift that just keeps on giving.
R
redneckjedi
Lawboy wrote:
Hard to say that the PAC is down this year boys. They are good at the top this year. It is the Big 10 that is down. Especially after Oregon State beat Wisconsin, UCLA beat NU, ASU beat Illinois. Top it off with UA thumping of Okie State. All with good OOC wins. Add USC, Stanford, ORegon to mix. That is some good football so far.



Utah and Colorado and Cal, on the other hard--not so much. But they still a better than the B1G.


Not saying they're down, but I think it's too early to say they're up, as well. So far, I haven't been any more impressed than usual with them.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.