Archived Topic

John White Out?

by northerncougar · 9/10/2012

Advertisement
N
northerncougar
A co-workers son, who follows the Utes very closely, told him today that John White is out for two weeks. I can't find anything about it. Anyone else heard this?
G
Guest
That is the rumor going around.



It's partly fueled by the fact that he was injured in the USU game, and KWhitt announced today that he would not announce player injuries anymore unless they were out for the season.
L
Lawboy
It is just a rumor right now. I expect him to play, but I know he is having ankle issues. They talked about it during the game on AM700. Apparently, it might be the real reason he sat out all of fall ball.



Other rumor is that Eric Rowe might be out. If that is true, it means that they are down BOTH starting safeties with Blechen out and Rowe out. IT true, advantage BYU TEs and RBs in the passing game.
S
SpiffCoug
If he's gimpy or limited in his ability to move, the Utes are in even more trouble offensively this week.



There NO way their brand new offensive coordinator is ready to adapt his game plan and offense to replace both a starting QB and RB in the same week.
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
It is just a rumor right now. I expect him to play, but I know he is having ankle issues. They talked about it during the game on AM700. Apparently, it might be the real reason he sat out all of fall ball.



Other rumor is that Eric Rowe might be out. If that is true, it means that they are down BOTH starting safeties with Blechen out and Rowe out. IT true, advantage BYU TEs and RBs in the passing game.


I think you overestimate the advantage byu would receive from this given utah's pac12 depth.
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
So, the Utes are missing Wynn, Blechen, and maybe White. And there are a couple other starting defenders too, aren't there? Their starting safeties I believe.
V
vancouvercougar
BYU had a whiteout for the WSU game, and now your saying Utah could have a White out too?
S
snoscythe
I thought this was going to be about some lame everyone-wear-white-in-honor-of-White gimmick by Hill on the Hill.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Ya, I'm not buying it. I'd plan on a full strength Juanita in



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
Even if he does play he's probably not 100%. And even a 100% White is nothing to fear. Look how many yards he had in the game last year BEFORE our D threw in the towel. Enough said.



But that he's probably not 100% is even more reason not to lose this game.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I think it's head games. The Uties know they're outgunned this year and they're trying to do anything to get a mental edge.
S
SpiffCoug
KingCoug wrote:
Even if he does play he's probably not 100%. And even a 100% White is nothing to fear. Look how many yards he had in the game last year BEFORE our D threw in the towel. Enough said.



But that he's probably not 100% is even more reason not to lose this game.

That would be 18 yards on 9 carries in the first half. He had 46 yards on 10 carries in the 3rd quarter and 1 TD. He had 117 yards on 3 carries with 2 TDs in the 4th quarter.
E
El Xisco
Even if White plays, I think he'll be the least of BYU's worries. Utah State did a good job of keeping him in check.
K
KingCoug
SpiffCoug wrote:

That would be 18 yards on 9 carries in the first half. He had 46 yards on 10 carries in the 3rd quarter and 1 TD. He had 117 yards on 3 carries with 2 TDs in the 4th quarter.


And there you have it, folks.



White said when he was running in the first half, it was like "hitting concrete."



Doesn't take a genius to see the reason for his success in the second half.
D
Dwight
I'm finding John White out for two weeks hard to believe. If it is a sprain or sprains, I would think that they would say it is a game time decision. I think Bronco will emphasize stopping the run and pass rushing. Hayes will have to execute his passing game. I haven't noticed him being very capable in that area. I like our chances, but still have PTSD from being subjected to the Puktah fans at LES last year.



Something in my gut tells me that there is no chance that BYU doesn't come out slugging hard. If Bronco can focus the emotion into execution, maybe we will see something that puts a lasting smile on all of our faces. But yes, The Puktards will not give up. Hopefully we can just get them to implode and start swinging punches.



Any chance they will save some of the playbook for BSU, or will this game require that all stops to be pulled? I would like to see BYU field an onside kick their very first kick off of the game. Just make it an all out, shameless, brass knuckles event. Maybe even try to take out a cheerleader like in the BSU game a couple of weeks ago. I would like our fans to show up in Salt Lake and start pouring pickle juice on their team's families. I look forward to seeing Gordo Monson's headline after the game, but not clicking on it.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Dwight just brought the cowbell! Booyah! :lol:
C
crh55
Dwight wrote:

I would like to see BYU field an onside kick their very first kick off of the game. Just make it an all out, shameless, brass knuckles event. Maybe even try to take out a cheerleader like in the BSU game a couple of weeks ago. I would like our fans to show up in Salt Lake and start pooring pickle juice on their team's families. I look forward to seeing Gordo Monson's headline after the game, but not clicking on it.


Best thoughts I've heard all day! Well said, I tip my cap to you!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Sheesh - someone beat me to the punch line - geez this will be our 2nd PAC White Out in a row. And what if this one makes the U defense quit and we get 30-6. Trying to think of a metaphor I could use here for the taint some Ute fans would claim all of this would put on the WYNN (Pun Intended). Can't think of one.



I would love to kick Us trash at full strength and leave them no excuses. But I would be just fine with beating thei third string since it is all PAC 12 talent.



It would be sweet to be a fly on the wall hearing Utah's BYU alum coaches tell their recruits why they will be so much better off at the U than at the Y if the lose this game.



But a Wynn will not be enough to fully satisfy me. Don't we play them in Provo next year?



Two straight WYNNs would be sweet.
C
Cougarbib
Las Vegas always seems to have a way of knowing these things. Which way are the odds moving?



Just looked - 3.5 to 5 points. Washington State is giving double digits to UNLV. So if



PAC > MWC > WAC, did KWhitt Wally say BYU has not played anyone. Forget BYU locker room material - does U play WSU this year? This would make great WSU locker room material.



Had to go look. RES on Nov 3rd.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Cougarbib wrote:
Las Vegas always seems to have a way of knowing these things. Which way are the odds moving?


Irrelevant. Moving odds lines are all about how people are betting and the bookie trying to protect himself, and has nothing to do with which team is actually supposed to win. Now when they SET the betting line, that is a little more relevant. But if it starts to move = irrelevant.



From what I've heard, it was originally set at BYU -1 and quickly moved to BYU -3.5 I haven't checked it myself, but that's what I've heard.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.