Archived Topic

Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

by BerliNY · 9/10/2012

Advertisement
B
BerliNY
Just saw that Duke picked up another 2013 commit, they now have two wings for that class, both are 4-star and they're going after another that's a five-star.



Ultimately this will come down to Jabari choosing the school he likes best, if that's not BYU then that's it. But I can't help but think that this helps BYU's chances a little.



http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8360894/semi-ojeleye-decides-play-duke-blue-devils" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
B
BroncoBot
BerliNY wrote:
Just saw that Duke picked up another 2013 commit, they now have two wings for that class, both are 4-star and they're going after another that's a five-star.



Ultimately this will come down to Jabari choosing the school he likes best, if that's not BYU then that's it. But I can't help but think that this helps BYU's chances a little.



http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8360894/semi-ojeleye-decides-play-duke-blue-devils" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not really. Any coach out there is going to make room for Jabari if he's willing to commit. Even if one of these new commits is sent packin'.
S
scott715
It could affect playing time.
M
Mars


Jabari's Top 6, IMO:



1. Michigan State

2. Duke

3. Kansas

4. BYU

5. Kentucky

6. Illinois
G
Gunk
No school is going to put all their eggs in one basket so they will keep recruiting and signing players. Duke will win with or without Jabari. So, don't blame Coach K one bit for signing other wings. He's got a team to build.



If I am Jabari, this does signal that there will be competition at Forward for minutes. Jabari may be just fine with that. I get the sense Jabari may not want to be the leader. Seems the type to me that just wants to go about their business. In which case, Duke may serve Jabari better.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
Metal Bubba
If Jabari goes to Dook, then I will be forced to accept there is no God.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Q
Qman
Metal Bubba wrote:
If Jabari goes to Dook, then I will be forced to accept there is no God.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Or that God doesn't really care about basketball games.
M
Metal Bubba
Qman wrote:
If Jabari goes to Dook, then I will be forced to accept there is no God.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Or that God doesn't really care about basketball games.


Blasphemy!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Metal Bubba wrote:
Metal Bubba wrote:
If Jabari goes to Dook, then I will be forced to accept there is no God.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Or that God doesn't really care about basketball games.


Blasphemy!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


He's too busy watching football!
C
Cougs_Rule
Gunk wrote:
No school is going to put all their eggs in one basket so they will keep recruiting and signing players. Duke will win with or without Jabari. So, don't blame Coach K one bit for signing other wings. He's got a team to build.



If I am Jabari, this does signal that there will be competition at Forward for minutes. Jabari may be just fine with that. I get the sense Jabari may not want to be the leader. Seems the type to me that just wants to go about their business. In which case, Duke may serve Jabari better.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


If there is any "passivity"/non-leader-ness to Jabari, I doubt it is the same as a lack of Desire to shine? However, if there is any passive element to his game I would read that as a positive to attend BYU.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Rose is visiting him this week.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.