Archived Topic

Any word on Kruger suspension?

by Cougs_Rule · 9/10/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
I haven't seen anything. Maybe the official gov bodies (ncaa? pac12 ?) wont meet till Monday?

If he plays, he plays. But still, I acknowledge that Dline is the Utes strongest unit. To lose one of the krugers would make a difference.
S
stuckinbig10country
Sounds as though there will be no further suspension.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Did anyone see the actual incident? I recall the ejection and the ref saying he threw a punch. I later read that he threw the punch at Keeton. Talk about a mismatch.



But I did not see if it was some flagrant punch that actually landed or more of a shove or slap. If he had knocked Keeton to the ground or OUT - I would expect further action. If it was a big deal over almost nothing - justice was already served and it cost Utah dearly.



IDKFS, but that big Keeton run in OT might have gone across and out through Kruger's territory against his back-up. Wouldn't that be ironic.



Riley has friends at USU. He should ask Keeton what he did or said to get Kruger to throw the punch - and do the same thing.



Utes were very undisciplined in that game. That usually smacks of inexperience. BYU should find ways to exploit that lack of discipline.
B
BroncoBot
Cougarbib wrote:



Utes were very undisciplined in that game. That usually smacks of inexperience. BYU should find ways to exploit that lack of discipline.

Unfortunately, BYU has looked very undisciplined in their last 2 games. Especially the defense against WSU (Wash st. ;)) who did a good job of getting under the defense's skin.
C
Cougarbib
BroncoBot wrote:



Utes were very undisciplined in that game. That usually smacks of inexperience. BYU should find ways to exploit that lack of discipline.

Unfortunately, BYU has looked very undisciplined in their last 2 games. Especially the defense against WSU (Wash st. ;)) who did a good job of getting under the defense's skin.


Totally agree. Both teams share some common strengths - front 7 for example - and weaknesses - OL and discipline for example. Both have some real positives of their own - BYU Receivers - Utah Running Back. Both have unique warts as well. Very evenly matched on a neutral field.



I read today in Deseret News that Kruger hitting was Striking Vs Fighting and thus there will be no further suspension.
Advertisement
G
Guest
There was no publicly available video tape of the punch, so the Pac10 was able to avoid suspending him to give the U an additional chance to win.
B
BYULV
BroncoBot wrote:



Utes were very undisciplined in that game. That usually smacks of inexperience. BYU should find ways to exploit that lack of discipline.

Unfortunately, BYU has looked very undisciplined in their last 2 games. Especially the defense against WSU (Wash st. ;)) who did a good job of getting under the defense's skin.


I disagree about them getting under the D's skin and being undisciplined. Most of those personal foul calls were bogus, similar incidents occurring in nearly every Other college game the past two weeks without ever getting flagged. Two that I can think of were the swipe from a BYU player toward WSU player trying to pull him off the pile, no contact. Another was the gesture after a quarterback/RB sack. I saw similar actions in the weber state game without even a second glance from the officials.
B
BroncoBot
BYULV wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:



Utes were very undisciplined in that game. That usually smacks of inexperience. BYU should find ways to exploit that lack of discipline.

Unfortunately, BYU has looked very undisciplined in their last 2 games. Especially the defense against WSU (Wash st. ;)) who did a good job of getting under the defense's skin.


I disagree about them getting under the D's skin and being undisciplined. Most of those personal foul calls were bogus, similar incidents occurring in nearly every Other college game the past two weeks without ever getting flagged. Two that I can think of were the swipe from a BYU player toward WSU player trying to pull him off the pile, no contact. Another was the gesture after a quarterback/RB sack. I saw similar actions in the weber state game without even a second glance from the officials.

And that's what makes certain teams undisciplined. They do things that COULD get called by officials, and sometimes do (WSU), remember Jake Locker and the celebration call? If he was disciplined UW most like takes that game to overtime. Quit celebrating QB sacks and just do it again, and again, and again. Don't turn an 8 yard loss into a 7 yard gain and a first down.



This plays a big part of the BYU/utah game every year. Officials eventually start calling stuff when they feel the game is getting out of hand that they usually wouldn't call. The disciplined team will benefit. I wouldn't put it past utah to try to provoke BYU players into looking like the aggressor. It's all about discipline in those situations and WSU did a good job of making BYU look like the thug.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.