Archived Topic

Tale of the 2 BYU camps

by KingCoug · 9/10/2012

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
I was reading this thread on Cougarboard.



http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=9153620" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;





Where do you, as a BYU fan, fit?





HERE?


Now I understand why they call us little brother. Case in point:



"Oh no, we're ranked and favored. Just the thing Whitt needs to motivate his team."



"I wanted them fat and happy so we could sneak up on them. Now we're screwed."



Oh, and lest I forget this gem: "Oh please PAC 12, suspend their starting DE, 'cause we can't beat them straight up."



Are you nancies done whining yet? MAN UP, THIS IS FOOTBALL! Respect all. Fear none.


Man up, Cougar fans.




OR HERE?


How many times do you need to get burned before you are hesitant to touch a stove? BYU has been ranked and/or favored many times in the past few years only to get humiliated (see TCU, Utah, FSU, TCU, USU, Utah, etc.)


54-10 will do that to a fan base. We were all pretty confident going into last year's game that we'd come out with a win. Then 54-10 happened. It's not fear that we don't match up well with Utah. It's fear that freak things will happen and the universe will align in the worst way against us.


The "fear" is based on how BYU's players have reacted to the rivalry game the last ten years. When they man up and play to win this game, the fans will do likewise. For whatever reason, the yewts are in BYU's head, and it shows on the field.
C
Cougarbib
I am not in AWE of U. I expect tough, close games. And we usually get them. That is what I expect this year. And I will happily take any lucky break BYU can get to tip the scales.



Quite frankly, U got a lot of lucky breaks and bounces in 2010 and 2011.



BYU is due. It is just another game - in the rivalry. Just happens to be the most important one ever, though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.