Archived Topic

HoJo is a Mormon!

by Metal Bubba · 9/9/2012

Advertisement
M
Metal Bubba
For those of you old enough to remember Howard Jones and his string of hits in the 80s, you surely remember the urban legend that he is a Mormon. Now that he'll be making an appearance on BYUtv's "The Song That Changed My Life", will the true believers finally be vindicated?



Personally, being a big fan of Alice Cooper, I look forward to the show where he reveals he's Mormon too.



:-)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
urroner
When is the show?



I have always enjoyed his "No One is To Blame."
M
Metal Bubba
Sometime in the next couple weeks. I barely caught the commercial during the Weber State game. But it piqued my interest for sure. His album "Dream Into Action" is one of my favorite pop albums of the 80s. I still have it on CD, even though I lost the tape before I went on my mission.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Does he smell like sex like all the HoJo motels do?
M
Metal Bubba
snoscythe wrote:
Does he smell like sex like all the HoJo motels do?


:bug:
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
Sad to say - I haven't even heard of him. I spent the eighties raising kids and working. I was completely ignorant of anything happening in music and pop culture at the time. Funny how that works. I grew up with the music of the 60's and 70's. Anything after that just kind of melded together into "other stuff". Maybe I should get out more! :blush:
S
scott715
I bet you will recognize his songs. I was suprised when I looked him up on Youtube.
G
Guest
I listed to a lot of HoJo on the radio here in Utah. Always on.
S
SpiffCoug
Metal Bubba wrote:
Personally, being a big fan of Alice Cooper, I look forward to the show where he reveals he's Mormon too.



:-)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Alice Cooper's grandfather was an apostle/leader of one of the sects that broke off when Joseph Smith died. I think they followed Sidney Rigdon.
S
scott715
Explains Alice Cooper.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
scott715 wrote:
I bet you will recognize his songs. I was suprised when I looked him up on Youtube.


Yeah - you're probably right. I knew a whole lot of Billy Joel songs long before I knew it was him that sang them!
S
scott715
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE61Bz7IHKg
S
scott715
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2V3SNrkpp0
S
scott715
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OO9LloDSJo
S
scott715
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypTzwQrQgE
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
:blush: Thanks for the post! Now I know I really was totally out of touch! I don't recognize any of the songs!
1
1967cougar
You mean there was someone else who sang in the 80's other than Michael Jackson?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.