Archived Topic

Taysom Hill

by frdbtr · 9/8/2012

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I wonder if BYU has ever had a QB with his speed. I remember watching a replay with Steve young at BYU and remember seeing him take off and being amazed at how fast he was. Well Hill got into the secondary a couple of times and he got there faster than any of our running backs. The future is bright with this guy folks!
C
CougarClaw
I hope future recruits were watching this game. we have some TALENT in the wings.
C
Cougs_Rule
frdbtr wrote:
I wonder if BYU has ever had a QB with his speed. I remember watching a replay with Steve young at BYU and remember seeing him take off and being amazed at how fast he was. Well Hill got into the secondary a couple of times and he got there faster than any of our running backs. The future is bright with this guy folks!


Um, welcome to reality.
F
frdbtr
dmcougar wrote:
I wonder if BYU has ever had a QB with his speed. I remember watching a replay with Steve young at BYU and remember seeing him take off and being amazed at how fast he was. Well Hill got into the secondary a couple of times and he got there faster than any of our running backs. The future is bright with this guy folks!


Um, welcome to reality.


Forget to take your midol?
C
cougarnerd
He's really fun to watch. Sitting in the stands, I couldn't really see his speed, but he's as gritty as Nelson and it seems like he has a stronger arm (I haven't seen him throw long yet). I'm excited to see how he will develop in the next few years.
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Perspective - Hill has personally scored or been involved in 3 TDs in his first 2 games. He is a wildcard factor that has to be accounted for when in the game. Same with Kuresa - it will be very hard to predict what will happen when Riley, Hill and Kuresa are all on the field at once. Note - Doman has packages for each one of them to take advantage of their skill set.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
NCPUMA
Taysom Hill = Luke Staley with QB skills. Was blown away by his burst on one of those runs when he got past the LBs. I know it's early, but this kid is like no other QB we've seen (since Young?). The future's lookin good w Hill, Williams, Hine, Apo, Friel, etc.
B
BroncoBot
NCPUMA wrote:
Taysom Hill = Luke Staley with QB skills. Was blown away by his burst on one of those runs when he got past the LBs. I know it's early, but this kid is like no other QB we've seen (since Young?). The future's lookin good w Hill, Williams, Hine, Apo, Friel, etc.

don't forget mangum in the wings?!
F
frdbtr
BroncoBot wrote:
Taysom Hill = Luke Staley with QB skills. Was blown away by his burst on one of those runs when he got past the LBs. I know it's early, but this kid is like no other QB we've seen (since Young?). The future's lookin good w Hill, Williams, Hine, Apo, Friel, etc.

don't forget mangum in the wings?!


Mangum will be just getting back from his mission when Hill is a Sr. Then we will have a competition between him and Ammon Olsen, and of course anyone else they recruit in the mean time.
C
Cougarbib
NCPUMA wrote:
Taysom Hill = Luke Staley with QB skills. Was blown away by his burst on one of those runs when he got past the LBs. I know it's early, but this kid is like no other QB we've seen (since Young?). The future's lookin good w Hill, Williams, Hine, Apo, Friel, etc.


Hill has better physical skills than any QB I remember. Jake Heaps kind of arm. Better legs and physique than Young, Nelson, or Doman.



But we saw where Heaps arm got us. Steve Clement supposedly had this kind of mix of skills - never got off the ground.



Give the pot time to boil. Time will measure his heart and feel for the game and LEADERSHIP. I still recall posters dismissing the Leadership issue when Bronco gave that reason for making Nelson QB1 in QB2.



I am not saying Hill will disappoint. I am saying this:



He clearly can not run the full play book yet. The coaches are being smart by giving him very meaningful reps in game-critical, but focused situations. They built upon that by letting him run a larger segment of the play book in the 4th quarter. They are getting him ready without getting him in over his head.



They should have done this with Lark in 2010. You may recall me calling for a "Look See" so we could see what he could do and add to his experience.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.