Archived Topic

Taken 2 - 10/5/12 Be there or be Schmoe

by urroner · 9/8/2012

Advertisement
U
urroner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyRy65Jci_w



Bryan Mills: Listen to me carefully, Kim. Your mother is going to be taken and people are gonna come for you too.

Kim: What are you gonna do?

Bryan Mills: What I do best.



Bryan Mills: If I kill you, your other sons will come and seek revenge?

Murad: They will...

Bryan Mills: And I will kill them too.
S
Schmoe
So if I'm there, will I cease to exist!? :bug:
U
urroner
Schmoe wrote:
So if I'm there, will I cease to exist!? :bug:


Now there's a happy thought. :whistle: :crazy: :crazy:
S
Schmoe
urroner wrote:
So if I'm there, will I cease to exist!? :bug:


Now there's a happy thought. :whistle: :crazy: :crazy:


:lol: :~( :lol:
U
urroner
Next time I'm in Utah, like next summer, I want to meet you Schmoe.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
urroner wrote:
Next time I'm in Utah, like next summer, I want to meet you Schmoe.


I dunno. As a teacher, I'm pretty busy during the summer with things like waking up at noon, sitting on the couch, eating cold pizza...
M
Mars
urroner wrote:
Next time I'm in Utah, like next summer, I want to meet you Schmoe.

I endorse this plan of action.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
urroner
Mars wrote:
Next time I'm in Utah, like next summer, I want to meet you Schmoe.

I endorse this plan of action.


Let's meet at Schmoe's around 9 in the morning and permit him cook a hearty meal for us. Not just cook, but barbecue us a fine, hearty meal. I make great homemade ice cream, so I'll provide the initial dessert.
S
snoscythe
I'm cautiously looking forward to this movie. Part of what made Taken so good was the fact that you weren't expecting the voice of the Jesus-lion to be so bad-@$$ and violent like he was.



I'm hoping against hope that Taken 2 makes it without that surprise factor and that it isn't forced like many sequels (see: all Transporter sequels).
S
Schmoe
urroner wrote:
urroner wrote:
Next time I'm in Utah, like next summer, I want to meet you Schmoe.

I endorse this plan of action.


Let's meet at Schmoe's around 9 in the morning and permit him cook a hearty meal for us. Not just cook, but barbecue us a fine, hearty meal. I make great homemade ice cream, so I'll provide the initial dessert.


We could smoke the ingredients for the ice cream and have smoked ice cream, as well (why not?).
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
I'm cautiously looking forward to this movie. Part of what made Taken so good was the fact that you weren't expecting the voice of the Jesus-lion to be so bad-@$$ and violent like he was.



I'm hoping against hope that Taken 2 makes it without that surprise factor and that it isn't forced like many sequels (see: all Transporter sequels).


This is exactly what I've worried about with this film (also, The Transporter was probably my favorite action movie ever, but #2 was pure garbage, and #3 was barely okay).
U
urroner
Schmoe wrote:
I'm cautiously looking forward to this movie. Part of what made Taken so good was the fact that you weren't expecting the voice of the Jesus-lion to be so bad-@$$ and violent like he was.



I'm hoping against hope that Taken 2 makes it without that surprise factor and that it isn't forced like many sequels (see: all Transporter sequels).


This is exactly what I've worried about with this film (also, The Transporter was probably my favorite action movie ever, but #2 was pure garbage, and #3 was barely okay).


I saw Trans 2 first and enjoyed it, then I saw Trans 1 and liked it a lot more.
T
tww
When I saw that they were making a Taken 2, my first thought was, "oh no, you can't top the first one so they are going to ruin it by fleecing the public with a rip-off sequel."



After seeing the trailer, that it still invokes the same gut-wrenching and adrenaline-rush that the first one had, even though I am pretty sure I know how it turns out, I will watch it and most likely enjoy every minute of it.



The whole concept of Taken taps into something deeply American that I am afraid we are losing sight of.



The other thing that keeps me involved with a movie like Taken that even a good James Bond flick can't do is the fact that I have to give even a somewhat psycho version of Bond some entertainment license for the insane, death-wish antics because they are not very believable. But Taken rips all that away because I can believe that a father would take those kind of chances for his daughter.



So rip-off sequel or not, I am hooked.
G
Guest
I'll be there, just because I'd hate to be a Schmoe!
M
Mars


Taken: A guy's daughter is kidnapped, and he fights to save her. Cool.



Taken 2: The same guy's daughter is taken again, PLUS his wife is taken too! Stupid. Really, really stupid. It's like Rudy transferring to Penn State and then successfully walking on to their program as well, because the first time at Notre Dame wasn't good enough, and somehow doing it twice is still believable.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:


Taken: A guy's daughter is kidnapped, and he fights to save her. Cool.



Taken 2: The same guy's daughter is taken again, PLUS his wife is taken too! Stupid. Really, really stupid. It's like Rudy transferring to Penn State and then successfully walking on to their program as well, because the first time at Notre Dame wasn't good enough, and somehow doing it twice is still believable.


Rudy wasn't an action film.
M
Metal Bubba
snoscythe wrote:
I'm cautiously looking forward to this movie. Part of what made Taken so good was the fact that you weren't expecting the voice of the Jesus-lion to be so bad-@$$ and violent like he was.


Liam Neeson is in that exclusive club of 60+ year old men who still have the physical presence and charisma to pull off being a badass. Right along with Ron Perlman. The ring leader being Clint Eastwood, who convincingly pulled off being a badass in his late 70s in Gran Torino.
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:


Taken: A guy's daughter is kidnapped, and he fights to save her. Cool.



Taken 2: The same guy's daughter is taken again, PLUS his wife is taken too! Stupid. Really, really stupid. It's like Rudy transferring to Penn State and then successfully walking on to their program as well, because the first time at Notre Dame wasn't good enough, and somehow doing it twice is still believable.


Rudy wasn't an action film.

Which is why Transporter 2 was good and Invicible wasn't.
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
Rudy wasn't an action film.

Don't you remember the scene where Rudy is going all out in practice, and the starter's are getting pissed? FOOTBALL Baby! How much more action could you ask for!?



Also, no, the Transporter sequels are not good. I remember a scene where he's, like, flipping a car 360 off of a ramp and shoots a metal chain that drops a sign on someone. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Almost as bad as the movie where he hooks a car battery up to his heart to keep himself alive. No, not Iron Man.
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
Rudy wasn't an action film.

Don't you remember the scene where Rudy is going all out in practice, and the starter's are getting pissed? FOOTBALL Baby! How much more action could you ask for!?



Also, no, the Transporter sequels are not good. I remember a scene where he's, like, flipping a car 360 off of a ramp and shoots a metal chain that drops a sign on someone. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Almost as bad as the movie where he hooks a car battery up to his heart to keep himself alive. No, not Iron Man.


Agree that Transporter sequels were not great (#2 was garbage, #3 was ok).



My argument is that you can't discount an action movie because it will be "not believable," as most action movies are not believable to begin with.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.