Archived Topic

More or less worried about yewtah game?

by Y 4 Ever · 9/8/2012

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
After tonight's embarrassment up in Logan for the :utard: , as you more or less worried for next Saturday?



Myself, I wish :utard: had played another pathetic team this week. Utah State can beat the :utard: after we get done with the.



Worried this embarrassing loss will refocus the :utard: . I don't expect them to play nearly that bad next Saturday.
U
Ungoy
Maybe they won't be as bad, but Jon Hays isn't much better a QB than Wynnie is, so I don't expect much in the passing game. Our defensive front should be able to stuff the run. White did not look good tonight, and our defense is better than Utah State's. I think BYU is going to take the Frutes to the woodshed next week.



I'm much less worried.



It took White 27 carries to get 96 yards, for an average of 3.6 yards per run. That's not good for them. I think BYU's defense can go even better.



Utah averaged 2.3 yards per rush. Utah State averaged 4.7. Utah State had 164 rushing yards, and 216 passing yards. Utah is vulnerable. BYU capitalizes.
M
Mythranor
You don't have an option for no change. This is about what i expected out of the game today.
C
Cougs_Rule
Less. Before the game I was very worried. Utah will be refocused vs the Cougs. And who knows maybe they were looking past the Ags and cocky from last week. Maybe the PAC has gone to their heads. But Jon hays will not beat us. If we don't turn the ball over (insert: forcing bad passes under heavy pass rush) we will be somewhere between very competitive to a solid win.

How sweet that would be to go into rice Chex and ri them a new one!!
F
frdbtr
Neither. My opinion hasn't changed. Until I see a BYU team that is superior in every way come out and dominate utah, I stay worried. in 06 utah had no business being on the same field as BYU and it took a miracle play with no time on the clock to win. in 07 utah got shut out by a horrible unlv team and then it took "magic happens" to win, in 08 we got pummeled behind max's turn overs, in 09 we struggled against a crappy utah team and had to win in overtime we all know about 10 and 11, and it doesn't end there, in 01 utah had no business being on the same field as BYu and we had to come from behind in the last minutes to win that one. It just keeps going on. yes, this is a different year but utah still has a coaching staff that game plans for us all year.
Advertisement
S
Short_Change
Will the Utes be really ticked? Of course, but that's no different than they usually are when we play them. The difference is that they're coming off an emotionally draining and embarrassing loss, they know they don't have a QB, they know they're offensive line sucks, they know they're defense isn't as good as they thought, and they're more susceptible to folding vs BYU.



I'm much less worried about the Utah game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Short_Change
Ok it's late. I meant their o-line and their defense. Not they're. Forgive me



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
IDK if U prepares for Y all year - but - they are preparing now and we have a game tomorrow. And we do not prepare for anyone on Sunday. It remains to be seen whether 2 extra days to prepare and home field advantage can fix all that needs to be fixed. I was not in awe of U before and even less so now. Undisciplined, mistake prone, and wounded.
D
Dcr36
No effect. Still worried.
K
KingCoug
On one hand, we've seen the vulnerabilities of the Utes. On the other hand, Kryle is definitely going to put his team through the ringer all week long and have them much more focused and determined to not lose.



Expect a very tough game, guys.
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
Utah 0-6 when White rushes for less than 100 yards.
G
Gunk
I think it will be tough, but I'm more optimistic.



Their OL was bad, real bad.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
Utah will be focused, but I think the film of the U vs USU game will help our coaches.



We have been more focused for a year. We will be ready.
E
EM_Puma
The years I've followed the BYU vs. Utah game it doesn't seem like you can depend much on what their records are as that's what makes rivarly games what they are. For more than the last decade, that's what's happened with USU vs Puktah and USU vs BYU. It ceased to have any possibility of being a rivalry game because BYU and Puktah always won.



It ends being a rivarly if when the two teams meet you can throw out the prior games and know that it is different and the preceived lesser team and rise up and beat the the favored team. Puktah withdrew from playing any future games in Logan with USU because the rivalry had been too one sided, but also, after they saw BYU beat there two years ago, they realized things could happen and they could use the PUKE12 card to get out of playing them in Logan.



Utah looks beatable now and yet because it is a rivarly game next week, I don't feel any less or more worried about the game. I will always be worried about the game until we can get to a point where we beat them every year and the contest lose their luster as REAL rivalry games and it becomes like it was for over a decade with USU. We won't look at USU as being a push over any more, in their current state.
B
BerliNY
vancouvercougar wrote:
Utah will be focused, but I think the film of the U vs USU game will help our coaches.



We have been more focused for a year. We will be ready.


Exactly right. The U had to open up the playbook a lot, they can't retool their entire offense in a week, advantage cougs.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Less worried but still very concerned. Looks like they have a couple injuries which could help our odds.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.