Archived Topic

I Admit It

by northerncougar · 9/6/2012

Advertisement
N
northerncougar
I can't take another loss to Utah this year. If we lose three in a row to the Utes, this season will be a failure. There. I said it. I can't keep it a secret any more. Mock me all you want. Try to convince me it's just another game. Try to tell me that one game does not a season make. It will be to no avail. All my BYU football hopes and dreams are wrapped up in this game this year.



Living in Utah, it is the worst when we lose. Losing to them this year tells me that my worst fears are realized: They really are better than us. I can't take it anymore.



Please, somebody make it stop!!
J
jonnylingo
I feel your pain.
S
Schmoe
We won't, so there's no need to worry. I'd estimate that in several years, this same post will show up on utefans.net, but with the names of the schools reversed.
V
vancouvercougar
Schmoe wrote:
We won't, so there's no need to worry. I'd estimate that in several years, this same post will show up on utefans.net, but with the names of the schools reversed.


If they have guts enough to play us.
S
Schmoe
vancouvercougar wrote:
We won't, so there's no need to worry. I'd estimate that in several years, this same post will show up on utefans.net, but with the names of the schools reversed.


If they have guts enough to play us.


Oh eff, how did I forget!? Cowards...
Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
I have to face my neighbors here. I am outnumbered, and they are unmerciful. Last year was terrible. Another loss would be unbearable. I'm sure glad that won't happen. I think this team will take care of business and save me from a fate worse than death. They also have to beat BSU so that I can finally start lording it over my BSU grad brother.



GO COUGS!!
E
EM_Puma
I'd have to say the same. I think if we lost only one or two games that the season was very good, but if one of those is to Puktah, I would be strained to say the season was successful. You HAVE to beat your rival, and especially you can't lose 3 years in a row.
M
mizzoucoug
Agreed. I started a thread about this earlier in the summer. If they win they will actually be our big brother and the balance of power will have officially shifted. I don't think there is any way around it. This is going to be our toughest and most important game all year.
C
Cougarbib
mizzoucoug wrote:
Agreed. I started a thread about this earlier in the summer. If they win they will actually be our big brother and the balance of power will have officially shifted. I don't think there is any way around it. This is going to be our toughest and most important game all year.


It will not be the toughest - it will be the most important one. A lot hangs in the balance.
A
a1247
I fear that all of are biggest fears will come true in the next 9 days. I have little to no hope that BYU can win against Utah. I have no faith that the coaching staff can prepare the team the same way that Utah does. I have said it before that Utah's coaching staff doesn't look at football as number 5 on there list! It is and always will be #1! And no matter what they say in public the BYU game is #1A!

I too want a win so bad it kills me. Some of my best friends are frUte fans and almost all my wife's family claims to be fans. (at least when they're playing the Y they are) It kills me to see all the Utah stickers and shirts everywhere I look. 15 years ago you didn't see them.

Why oh why can't the Y's coaching staff not look at this game the same way the frUtes do? This game seems to mean so much more to the there coaching staff than it does to ours. Maybe I'm wrong but this is how I see it.

Bronco talks about how the rivalry has gotten out of hand and everyone needs to calm down but dimWhitt seems to embrace it and hit it head on never backing down. When did everything change?

In 9 days I fear that the Y really truly will be Utahs little brother/bitch! Truth hurts but so does the leather belt that Utah plans on using to beat the cougs down with :~(
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
northerncougar wrote:
I can't take another loss to Utah this year. If we lose three in a row to the Utes, this season will be a failure. There. I said it. I can't keep it a secret any more. Mock me all you want. Try to convince me it's just another game. Try to tell me that one game does not a season make. It will be to no avail. All my BYU football hopes and dreams are wrapped up in this game this year.



Living in Utah, it is the worst when we lose. Losing to them this year tells me that my worst fears are realized: They really are better than us. I can't take it anymore.



Please, somebody make it stop!!


I could not agree with you more. This is how every BYU fan should feel. I don't care if we win every other game this year. A loss to Utah = a disappointing season. And that's because of the two debacles in 2010 and 2011. Games we should have won. It's one thing to lose a game to a legitimately better team. It's another to lose the way we did the last two years.



Bottom line, we lose again this year, Bronco is well on his way to being Kyle's b#$ch. Plain and simple.
L
Lawboy
As sucky as 2008 was, 2009 turned out to be just fine.



Hoping for the same turnaround in 2012. And all I can say is that I like the attitude of the team this year. A lot. Very workmanlike.
B
BroncoBot
:sick:



Wow, this is a sick thread. Rise up Cougar nation. Better dead, than red.



:evil: :evil:



BTW, BYU wins big this year.
S
scott715
This thread is about two days early.
B
BroncoBot
scott715 wrote:
This thread is about two days early.

two days to the minute. And then we should be talking about how BYU looks so much better than utah.
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
How sweet would it be to win this year and next year? Bronco goes up on Kyle 5-4 and the Utes have to stew in those losses for two years because of very hiatus they created. :P
R
rblack
BYU will not lose to Utah this year. However, in the unlikely event that they do, they will not be, ever, the "big brother." Utah might have a better team for a few years, however, they don't have the staying power. BYU has a better fanbase, better facilities, they are better financed and have a better following. It's like saying that West Virginia is better than Notre Dame because they have finished in the top 25 for a few years.
G
Gunk
Nothing gives me reason to conclude we'll beat the Utes handedly this season. Fine, they have a new OC. They can run the ball all night long and probably move the chains as effectively as we will against their D.



I suspect a close game. Hopefully we win. Losing won't have any effect on my life, one of the perks of not living in Utah. Losing will affect recruiting.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
I suppose living in Utah alters one's views, but if UT beats us, I will be bummed, to be sure, but nowhere near ready to label the season a failure by any stretch. I think we can win, though I suspect the oddsmakers will put UT at about a five point spread. If we can stop their running game and if we can run enough to keep them honest I think we can win. Lots of football after the UT game
S
Schmoe
Gunk wrote:
Nothing gives me reason to conclude we'll beat the Utes handedly this season. Fine, they have a new OC. They can run the ball all night long and probably move the chains as effectively as we will against their D.


Based on what, exactly? Their inability to move the ball for a whole half against a very bad, bottom-feeding FCS team? Our inability to allow positive rushing yards against our last opponent?
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.