Archived Topic

ESPN Fan Poll WE're #20 Vote

by scott715 · 9/6/2012

Advertisement
I
Isola
Am I the only one who finds it a little embarrassing that BYU has the third most #1 votes after Bama and USC?



If you are going to do a total homer pick can you at least put BYU #2 so it isn't so obviously homerism to every other fan base.
J
jonnylingo
Isola wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it a little embarrassing that BYU has the third most #1 votes after Bama and USC?



If you are going to do a total homer pick can you at least put BYU #2 so it isn't so obviously homerism to every other fan base.


that is why espn does these things. they get hits because online fan presence decides they want to make a point. it is like ron paul and internet polls.
E
EM_Puma
wow, that does say a lot when BYU has #2 1st place votes and only ends up #20. Indicates a lot of people have them ranked pretty low.



I did it just for the fun of it because I am a believer that polls shouldn't come out until after, at the earliest, the 2nd game of the season. It has never been right that schools are punished due to people voting on favorites or what's on paper. I actually had BYU at #5, which isn't what I believe, but I do think there are four solid top teams.
S
scott715
#19 and almost #18. Go vote.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
My vote bumped them to 19~Woot!
A
a1247
Sorry all I voted them #24, that's were I think they really are and should be in the polls.
Y
YNot
Also, make sure to vote TCU, Texas, and Oklahoma State way down in your poll. Texas and Oklahoma State are in #17 and 18 right in front of us and TCU is breathing down our necks at #20.
B
BroncoBot
a1247 wrote:
Sorry all I voted them #24, that's were I think they really are and should be in the polls.

Really?? After finishing (deservedly) as they did last year on the verge of being ranked, this year has to be rated in the top 20.
M
Mingjai
a1247 wrote:
Sorry all I voted them #24, that's were I think they really are and should be in the polls.


I did the same thing and put BYU at #22.
Advertisement
A
a1247
BroncoBot wrote:
Sorry all I voted them #24, that's were I think they really are and should be in the polls.

Really?? After finishing (deservedly) as they did last year on the verge of being ranked, this year has to be rated in the top 20.


I was talking about right now here today. They IMO are a top 25 team. Now at the end of the season if they can go 11-1 or 10-2 then yes I would put them in the top 10. But right now after week 1 I think 25-21 is appropriate for this team.

I believe the reason they haven't got anymore votes is because everyone knows this team hasn't beaten anyone over the last 2 years. Now if they can win 2 of the 4 big games this year then I think people will take notice.
I
imuakahuku
I have to imagine that the ESPN guys take note of how many #1 votes which gives them a decent idea of actually how many BYU fans there are when they compare all the teams with first place votes. So if we end up with the second most it might have some effect on how ESPN veiw or continues to view BYU. It is all about money and even though we are "frugle", it still means eyes on the sets and $ from ads. So go ahead and vote them #1, as far as any of us know it could mean more love from ESPN.
I
Isola
I'll confess I didn't put BYU #1 or #2, but I didn't go as low as #24. I put them #18 which is actually where I think they could be.
S
scott715
TCU past us up.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.