Archived Topic

Which Game is Tougher Part III?

by SpiffCoug · 9/5/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
After winning 77% of the vote, Notre Dame is a tougher game than Utah.



On to the next head-to-head matchup.



Standings:

at Utah vs at Boise St: 81% of Cougar Corner feel at Utah is the tougher game.

at Utah vs at Notre Dame: Notre Dame 77%

at Utah vs at Georgia Tech: ???

at Boise St vs at Notre Dame: ???

at Boise St vs at Georgia Tech: ???

at Notre Dame vs at Georgia Tech: ???
S
SpiffCoug
I still think all that travel is going to catch up with BYU.*



* If BYU is undefeated, they won't lose this game.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I think Bronco's preparation for the triple option will shut down Georgia Tech. I wouldn't have said this in several of the year's past, but I think our defense can handle them this year. I really wish that their UNC and Maryland games were before us and not after, but oh well, maybe Boston College will give them some headaches. In the head-to-head, Georgia Tech will be easier than Utah.
F
frdbtr
utah is our toughest game
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
I still think all that travel is going to catch up with BYU.*



* If BYU is undefeated, they won't lose this game.


This. And Utah and PAC 12 and KWHITT, and White, and Wynn, and their DL STAR are not Gods.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Cougarbib wrote:
I still think all that travel is going to catch up with BYU.*



* If BYU is undefeated, they won't lose this game.


This. And Utah and PAC 12 and KWHITT, and White, and Wynn, and their DL STAR are not Gods.

This is false. There is nothing better than PAC12 talent.*





* Unless that talent is on one teams that Bronco and BYU have an 11-3 record against.**



** Unless this talent is also on one teams that then also plays Utah, in which case it reverts to being near god-like in talent.
C
Cougs_Rule
No, Star is not a god, but he will look like that vs our Oline. If Utah plays press coverage and Star is disrupting the backfield, oh and along with Kruger bros, we will be in trouble.

our WR have not shown, not since, Austin Collie, that they can break free or create distance from tougher DBs.

GT may or may not have a better offense than Utah, but I think Utah will rise up like they usually do and give the Cougs a very tough game.
R
redneckjedi
dmcougar wrote:
No, Star is not a god, but he will look like that vs our Oline. If Utah plays press coverage and Star is disrupting the backfield, oh and along with Kruger bros, we will be in trouble.

our WR have not shown, not since, Austin Collie, that they can break free or create distance from tougher DBs.

GT may or may not have a better offense than Utah, but I think Utah will rise up like they usually do and give the Cougs a very tough game.


Everybody has a weakness, and it's up to our coaches to find it and teach the players to exploit it.



Against GT and the option, the weakness is playing perfect assignment sound football. The option doesn't overpower you. It makes sure that if someone is out of position, there's a guy who can get there with the ball before they can get in position. Bronco, as a DC, is fantastic at this. Not too worried, but then, I'll have to see more of GT to know for sure.



Against Utah, we should be able to handle their offense. I'm not worried about that. Field position will be favorable as long as we can find the right defensive weaknesses. I haven't watched a down of Utah football this year, so I don't know what they are, but it sounds like we're concerned about their DL. But there's always something you can exploit, whether they are too focused on pass rushing, over-aggressive in run pursuit, or whatever. I hope the coaches - especially the OL coaches - find it.



All in all, I think the psychological aspects of a rivalry game on the road are harder than playing against the GT option on the road.
C
Cougarbib
dmcougar wrote:
No, Star is not a god, but he will look like that vs our Oline. If Utah plays press coverage and Star is disrupting the backfield, oh and along with Kruger bros, we will be in trouble.

our WR have not shown, not since, Austin Collie, that they can break free or create distance from tougher DBs.

GT may or may not have a better offense than Utah, but I think Utah will rise up like they usually do and give the Cougs a very tough game.




Do we have a defense?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.