Archived Topic

Bottom Five and Other Miscellany

by BoiseBYU · 9/4/2012

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Back, even without popular demand, here is the first edition of the Bottom Five:



5. Big Ten...PSU lost to Miami, Wisconsin barely beat N.Iowa, Michigan got utterly dominated, Indiana barely bet Indiana State, and Iowa even more barely beat N. Ill. If this conference gets two BCS invites, I'm going to puke.



4. Pennslyvania. Thanks to Schmoe for pointing this one out--Penn State lost to Ohio and Pitt lost to FCS Youngstown State. Add in that the Phillies are in the crapper and the Pirates fading, and well PA is not looking too good right now.



3. Oklahoma State. They beat Savannah State 84-0. No team should run it up like that. Oh wait we did that once didn't we? 3. Savannah State. No team should allow another to run up 84 points on them...



2. Pac-12. Stanford escaped narrowly with a win over SJSU, a team Stanford beat last year 59-3 or some such score. CA lost to Nevada. The much vaunted Leach offense at WSU was grounded down and stopped in its tracks, Colorado lost to CSU CSU for crying outloud! Thankfully Oregon State's game with Nicholls State was postponed. Oh and AZ barely beat Toledo. And that newly amped Oregon defense? It gave up 34 points to Arkansas State. And to add salt to the wounds...almost one million more people watched BYU crush WSU than USC crush the Chowed down Rainbows...



1. William. William and Mary lost to Marland 7-6. Pretty sure the Mary's cancel each other out, which means William really failed to hold up his end of the bargain. Bad William!



Song dedication>>>The Bottom Five dedicates I Am I Said to Clint Eastwood..(And no one heard at all, not even the chair)



Mike Leach's contract. The guy gets $2.5 million or so a year, so that means he gets, roughly, $200,000 a game, which means each of those 6 points cost WSU $33,000. Leach makes Pentagon waste look like a bargain!
G
Guest
I know I'm unpopular, but I always demand my bottom 5!
H
HoosierCougar
Bring on the bottom!
4
49erCoug
I love the 5 Bottoms... :gross:
G
Gunk
Ahhhh...got a good chuckle.



Welcome back, Bottom Five and Other Miscellany.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
BoiseBYU wrote:



4. Pennslyvania. Thanks to Schmoe for pointing this one out...


I did something!! :crazy:
C
Cougs_Rule
#4. Pennsylvania. Great. May The curse of sundusky cripple their teams for some time. I guess this wouldn't be a good time to say, "Bottoms up" for the Bottom Five.
S
SpiffCoug
BoiseBYU wrote:
3. Oklahoma State. They beat Savannah State 84-0. No team should run it up like that. Oh wait we did that once didn't we? 3. Savannah State. No team should allow another to run up 84 points on them...

Nope, we only beat UTEP 83-7.
B
BoiseBYU
SpiffCoug wrote:
3. Oklahoma State. They beat Savannah State 84-0. No team should run it up like that. Oh wait we did that once didn't we? 3. Savannah State. No team should allow another to run up 84 points on them...

Nope, we only beat UTEP 83-7.


Whew! I was feeling guilty!
R
redneckjedi
BoiseBYU wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
3. Oklahoma State. They beat Savannah State 84-0. No team should run it up like that. Oh wait we did that once didn't we? 3. Savannah State. No team should allow another to run up 84 points on them...

Nope, we only beat UTEP 83-7.


Whew! I was feeling guilty!


BYUTV really should have this game available with all the others. I'd love to see what that looks like.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
redneckjedi wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
3. Oklahoma State. They beat Savannah State 84-0. No team should run it up like that. Oh wait we did that once didn't we? 3. Savannah State. No team should allow another to run up 84 points on them...

Nope, we only beat UTEP 83-7.


Whew! I was feeling guilty!


BYUTV really should have this game available with all the others. I'd love to see what that looks like.


It must look forgettable. I don"t remember it. When was it?
S
SpiffCoug
1980. I remember a guy in my ward who was at BYU at the time, said the headline in the Daily Universe the following Monday said the game wasn't as close as the score.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
1980. I remember a guy in my ward who was at BYU at the time, said the headline in the Daily Universe the following Monday said the game wasn't as close as the score.


No wonder Jim McMahon held all of those records.
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
1980. I remember a guy in my ward who was at BYU at the time, said the headline in the Daily Universe the following Monday said the game wasn't as close as the score.


:lol: I like it!
B
BoiseBYU
In what I can only excuse based on laziness, I forgot to mention, indeed rank, Houston. They lost to Texas State 30-13, even though the oddsmakers had Houston picked to win by some 30 points....



And a I can't make this up goes to Paul Ryan for saying he did not finish a marathon in under three hours like he first said because he actually ran it in over four hours, which is impressive enough. I should have rounded to four not three he said. Mr Ryan is chairman of the House Budget Committee. I am glad for that. Maybe he can round our deficit down a trillion or so
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.