Archived Topic

Weber St

by crh55 · 9/4/2012

Advertisement
C
crh55
What do we know about Weber St.? What are our goals for this game, besides winning and staying healthy? Will we see Lark or Hill in the 2nd half? Hopefully someone will get more live reps because it seems more like "when" not "if" Riley will go down.



Do we even prepare for these guys or can we spend 2 full weeks prepping and watching film on The :utard:s??? I know Bronco wouldn't let that happen, but I wish we could spend the next 2 weeks figuring out how to run on them.
K
KingCoug
90% of this week should be preparing for Utah.
S
stuckinbig10country
KingCoug wrote:
90% of this week should be preparing for Utah.


The coaches, maybe, but not the players. The players should prepare for the opponent at hand at all times. This is a chance to really make some improvements.
S
Schmoe
You can prepare players for Utah schemes while not telling them it's for Utah, thus keeping their focus on the game at hand. If Weber St. does anything gadgety or special, we should cover it, but otherwise work on things we'll be seeing next week and beyond. Perhaps we could even focus on what bogged down our run game from last week and make that priority #1.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I can't help but think Bronco has pulled aside BD and asked him to spend a little more time on next week's game rather than this week's. I totally agree with the idea of prepping players for the game at hand, keeping them focused, but seriously we can take the opportunity to give the U game some more attention at the expense of the Weber State game.
Advertisement
S
scott715
I hope the staff is poring over the U video if there is any.
C
Cougs_Rule
I'm quite certain BDoman already has a game plan for Utah and has been working on it since beginning of August. Now it's fine tuning. All the closed practices have to have included plays for "whenever" they are needed. Bronco is usually one game at a time kind of guy. Not this year. He williams his troops ready.
S
Schmoe
Goals vs. WSU? Win, win big, stick to the first two pages of the playbook.
R
redneckjedi
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
I can't help but think Bronco has pulled aside BD and asked him to spend a little more time on next week's game rather than this week's. I totally agree with the idea of prepping players for the game at hand, keeping them focused, but seriously we can take the opportunity to give the U game some more attention at the expense of the Weber State game.


I don't know Brandon Doman personally. But from the type of competitor he was on the field, my guess is nobody had to pull him aside, and he's been working on his gameplan in some way or another since the clock hit 0:00 in last year's debacle.
J
jonnylingo
Weber State needs to be viewed as a good practice to prepare for future opponents.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Likewise - good time for fans to practice

Wear Blue

Make Noise at the right time

Arrive on time

Endure to the end

Have fun

Wear Blue



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Cougarbib wrote:
Likewise - good time for fans to practice

Wear Blue

Make Noise at the right time

Arrive on time

Endure to the end

Have fun

Wear Blue



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You forgot "wear blue."
G
Guest
Schmoe wrote:
Likewise - good time for fans to practice

Wear Blue

Make Noise at the right time

Arrive on time

Endure to the end

Have fun

Wear Blue



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You forgot "wear blue."

Show up at the game, even if you have to drive from Las Vegas!
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Or Houston. That drive is just awful. I thought the bathrooms in Amarillo were bad. Then I made the stop in Gallup, New Mexico. :sick:
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:
Likewise - good time for fans to practice

Wear Blue

Make Noise at the right time

Arrive on time

Endure to the end

Have fun

Wear Blue



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You forgot "wear blue."

Show up at the game, even if you have to drive from Las Vegas!


I bought a brand new Speed Reminder Device tonight for my next trip. My season seats will be filled with proxies wearing Blue Saturday.



The contractors that are in month five of a two-month renovation of my house in Hawaii have really felt my wrath as of late. I was in Hawaii for three weeks, again, assured the house would be done and on the market, and had to fly home to Las Vegas on a red-eye before it was done, so I could jump in the car and drive to Provo and arrive 30 minutes before game time, pick up my son, park,walk in the rain, white, long-sleeve shirt, and drive back a day later. Oh - and the speeding ticket.



Now I need to fly back to Hawaii and try to get my house finished and listed again. And I had planned to come to WSU, WSU, U, and BSU and catch a few trout in between. Instead, my son's roommate is going to get go to some games. This was a huge part of why I moved to Las Vegas.



I Will Return. I just do not know when.
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Brian Logan said these type of games were fun in order to pad stats and work out kinks - improve upon deficiencies. Therefore I expect to see increased attention to scoring TDs in the blue/red zone, effective run blocking up the middle, and opportunity for younger players to get reps. Lark and Hill will see sufficient time at QB, Foote, Pritchard, Williams, Hine will get carries, and backup WR/TE will receive plenty of passes. On defense, I expect 2-3 depth players on DL, LB to get into the action and combo coverage packages for DBs to try. Utah is run focused on both O and D so we should see something similar. The WS QB is mobile and can throw accurately, it will be a good test for our D to contain his running and shut down passing lanes. It will be like playing against Riley.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.