Archived Topic

Who U Rootin 4 - Ga Tech or Va Tech

by Cougarbib · 9/4/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Do you want GA Tech to prove that they are very, very, very beatable or that they are better than ranked Va Tech and thus not very beatable.



Right now, they are down 7-0.
S
Schmoe
Question: Why did Ga Tech add blue to their color scheme?
S
SpiffCoug
Answer: I don't know, but it looks good.
A
a1247
Wow Va Tech only has 2 returning players on offense, I can't tell of GA Techs defense is this good or if Va Techs offense is really that bad.



As for the Ga Techs jerseys, imo there freaking ugly. I usually like the newer uni's but there ugly bad! There not Oregon ducks ugly but there not far off.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
Georgia Tech coming back late in the game...
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Overtime. Ga Tech D was bad on that drive.
C
cougfan84
GO TECH!
S
scott715
interception VT wins 20-17.
C
Cougarbib
cougfan84 wrote:
GO TECH!


This. GA Tech choked twice. Road game. Might have been poor conditioning as well. D playing without 3 starters. I never heard why.
R
Raiderboy
Well Georgia Tech didn't look too good. I'd rate that game as our 4th toughest of the season at this point.
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
Raiderboy wrote:
Well Georgia Tech didn't look too good. I'd rate that game as our 4th toughest of the season at this point.


Neither team looked good, but that could be because both teams' defenses are really good. Or it could be that both offenses are terrible. Hard to say without other data.



At the very least, VTech has a reputation of playing solid defense. Al Groh--GT's defensive coordinator--also has a solid reputation for defenses, so this once might legitimately have been a defensive struggle.



I'm still very concerned about playing the Wramblin Wreck...
B
BerliNY
Mingjai wrote:
Well Georgia Tech didn't look too good. I'd rate that game as our 4th toughest of the season at this point.


Neither team looked good, but that could be because both teams' defenses are really good. Or it could be that both offenses are terrible. Hard to say without other data.



At the very least, VTech has a reputation of playing solid defense. Al Groh--GT's defensive coordinator--also has a solid reputation for defenses, so this once might legitimately have been a defensive struggle.



I'm still very concerned about playing the Wramblin Wreck...


Agreed. GT is a VERY physical football team and I don't like the way the game sets up for us, right after a long rough trip to ND. I don't think there's much of a question that we'd beat them if the game were at a neutral site and we had a month to prepare (GT has lost 7 straight bowl games) but with 1 week to prepare for a road game, it makes me nervous too. I think if we win @ ND we win @ GT, same goes for losses.
S
Schmoe
Raiderboy wrote:
Well Georgia Tech didn't look too good. I'd rate that game as our 4th toughest of the season at this point.


Very physical team on D, but prone to give up big plays in the passing game. Their O surprised me a little, more efficient passing than I would have imagined. I'd say they're tied with BSU for 3rd toughest game this year.
C
Cougarbib
I was mad at myself because the first quarter was about over when I remembered to turn this game on to scout GT. No problem, I told myself - 3 quarters left to scout them.



I could not stay awake. Partly due to being travel weary, jet lagged, time zone challenged re sleeping pattern - which is why I hate seeing BYU travel to the east to play games.



But also - this game was boring. SIMPLY boring.



I do not mind a defensive struggle when the O cannot score due to sack upon sack, forced fumble after forced fumble, fantastic catches for interceptions with maybe a pick 6. I like those.



This game was boring. I want to thank GT for backing out of two future games. Boring - Simply, Simply, Boring.



What did you all think? Maybe I slept through some excitement.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.