Archived Topic

TV Ratings this Week

by scott715 · 9/3/2012

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
Nice!
F
frdbtr
scott715 wrote:
https://twitter.com/vakaviti/status/242491667247161344



The highest rated PAC12 game on TV this week? BYU vs WSU, beat USC vs Hawaii by 900k viewers. 2.2 million people watched BYU.


The pac12 can suck it as far as I am concerned. Bigotry kept BYU from joining that conference, we shouldn't even play them and put their crappy teams on TV. Other than the utes and that is for the rivalry's sake only.



One more note. usc was on network TV and BYU was on cable. That should tell you something.
S
Schmoe
I'm sure it helped to be one of only two real televised games on the opening night of college football, but I'll take it!
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Agreed, this type of exposure is a key part of being a top contender.
Advertisement
S
scott715
TV viewership this season



Have a total viewership of 7.5-8 million so far ( my educated guess) Here's the info so far:



Tv ratings/viewership 2012



1. 2.18 mil vs WSU ESPN

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/08/31/thursday-cable-ratings-college-football-wins-night-rnc-coverage-project-runway-sullivan-son-snooki-jwoww-more/146875/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



2. WSU. BYUTV-I would guess 500-700k viewers



3.Utah, ESPN2. No ratings released below a 2.2 million viewers, did not make top 25 programs on cable that week. Last years viewers were around 1 million. I would guess about 1.2 million this year. Can't find info online.



4. BYU vs BSU. 2.069 million ESPN.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/09/21/thursday-cable-ratings-football-awkward-project-runway-impractical-jokers-the-daily-show-braxton-family-values-more/149619/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



5. BYU Hawaii ESPN1.43 million

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/01/friday-cable-ratings-wwe-smackdown-wins-night-for-better-or-worse-diners-drive-ins-dives-college-football-yukon-men-house-hunters-more/150786/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



For the USU game I would guess viewersof 1.6-2.1million viewers. Utah USU has 1.5 million viewers. Last year BYU USU had around 2 million viewers.



Last years total had about 15 million total viewers. This year with ND and OSUI would guess totalviewership would be in the high teens of millions including the bowl game and GT the remaining national games.



http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=9333643" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.