Archived Topic

Which Game is Tougher Part II.

by SpiffCoug · 9/3/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
After winning 81% of the vote, Utah is a tougher game than Boise.



On to the second head-to-head matchup for Utah.



Standings:

at Utah vs at Boise St: 81% of Cougar Corner feel at Utah is the tougher game.

at Utah vs at Notre Dame: ???

at Utah vs at Georgia Tech: ???

at Boise St vs at Notre Dame: ???

at Boise St vs at Georgia Tech: ???

at Notre Dame vs at Georgia Tech: ???
S
SpiffCoug
Notre Dame might be the best team we play this year.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
Notre Dame might be the best team we play this year.


Easily - but their record might have a blemish here and there due to schedule.
C
Cougs_Rule
I give the edge to Notre Dame. There offense looks better than Utahs. but Utahs D might be better or as good and that plays to BYU's weakness--offense.
F
frdbtr
utah is our toughest game this year. I don't care if ND is a better overall team, utah is in our heads and they game plan all year for us. utah is always our toughest game.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Utah for sure. Familiarity reign supreme in this game because the Utes know us so well and how to shut us down. Whereas we will surprise Notre Dame and I don't think their D is as good as Utah's. I realize ND is the popular pick but there is too little evidence at this point to conclude ND is actually back from the dregs of CFB.
B
byutx
frdbtr wrote:
utah is our toughest game this year. I don't care if ND is a better overall team, utah is in our heads and they game plan all year for us. utah is always our toughest game.

Frdbtr and I are on the same wave length lately. Scary notion, though I'm not sure for whom it is more scary.



I think that for me the default choice will always be that the Utah game will be toughest until Bronco can show that he can beat Utah when the teams are evenly matched, which he hasn't been able to do yet. I believe it's a psychological, emotional and preparation-based thing that he hasn't figured out yet and that Kryle is so good at.



Notre Dame is all but certain to be our best opponent this year, probably by quite a wide margin. But our toughest game will be Utah.
A
a1247
Notre Dame has the better overall talent but Utah has the coachs and motivation to be the harder game. The frUte coachs seem to get there player up for this game like no other! They dont have football #5 on ther list they have it at #1 with the BYU game #1A. Utah will be the hardest game this year and unless something changes the game will be a lose for the cougs. frUtes coachs just seem to want it more and the team picks up on it and plays harder in this game. I freaking hate to think this way it freaking sucks!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
How does Utah having a tough rivalry game against Utah St this week affect them?
F
frdbtr
The utes will have the usu game over by half time. I will be rooting for usu of course (referencing the other thread). If usu beats utah though, I reserve the right to change my mind about utah having the psycological edge on us. I think that will change everything.
Advertisement
G
Guest
USU beats Utah handily this year.
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
USU beats Utah handily this year.


If their defense can capitalize on Utah's mistakes, I give them a decent shot at winning. Their run game isn't close to what it was last year, but Keaton is a good QB and their O will move the ball a lot better against that D than the worst team in the FCS did.
B
BoiseBYU
If by toughest you mean hardest game to win, then Notre Dame by a landslide. ND has a better offense than UT and I think ND's defense is on par with UT's. I get the argument that UT's coaches are more focused on us than ND's coaches but I don't buy it. ND cannot afford to lose to us if they want to go BCS busting. They need to beat us. They'll lose to SC for sure. and a two loss ND is tough to go BCS bowling. UT has BYU envy and so might be more emotional, but as for pulling out a win, it's ND that will be toughest for us.
B
Brayden Green
hawkwing wrote:
USU beats Utah handily this year.


Not going to happen.



Utah wins by 3 TD's.



Utah's defense is legit. I don't think that USU can score more than a TD or two against them.



Utah's defense might be as good as ours this year. They certainly have the ability to pressure the qb more. That entire defensive line will be getting an NFL paycheck. And Star Lotulele will probably go top 10 in the draft.
S
Schmoe
BlueIsBetter wrote:
USU beats Utah handily this year.


Utah wins by 3 TD's.



Utah's defense is legit. I don't think that USU can score more than a TD or two against them.


So, you're saying that the atrocious :utard: offense will score five TD's vs USU? I'll be surprised if the Uties break 25. Not saying that USU is going to win, but I really don't see it being a blowout this year.
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
My realistic hope is that this game is a grind-it-out close one, which both exposes all the intricacies of the U's strategies, and leaves them both physically and emotionally worn out to face us next week. This game will be close, and USU won't win, although I really wish they would.
C
Cougarbib
mizzoucoug wrote:
Utah for sure. Familiarity reign supreme in this game because the Utes know us so well and how to shut us down. Whereas we will surprise Notre Dame and I don't think their D is as good as Utah's. I realize ND is the popular pick but there is too little evidence at this point to conclude ND is actually back from the dregs of CFB.




Dregs - really.
S
Schmoe
Schmoe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
USU beats Utah handily this year.


Utah wins by 3 TD's.



Utah's defense is legit. I don't think that USU can score more than a TD or two against them.


So, you're saying that the atrocious :utard: offense will score five TD's vs USU? I'll be surprised if the Uties break 25. Not saying that USU is going to win, but I really don't see it being a blowout this year.


BUMP!!
S
Schmoe
Schmoe wrote:
USU beats Utah handily this year.


If their defense can capitalize on Utah's mistakes, I give them a decent shot at winning. Their run game isn't close to what it was last year, but Keaton is a good QB and their O will move the ball a lot better against that D than the worst team in the FCS did.


Not to toot my own horn, but...TOOT!
M
mizzoucoug
Still going to be Utah. They will be back at home and pissed off. It's a tough combination. We're going to have to smack them in the mouth early and get the first TD quick. Utah always makes a 2nd half comeback against us because we don't strangle them to death. This year make it happen Doman!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.