Archived Topic

Who U Rootin 4?

by Cougarbib · 9/3/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
It is no longer Hype week. Reality week came and went too. Now it is Rivalry Week - at least for U and USU - we get our shot at them both later.



Who U gonna Root 4



U or USU?
K
KingCoug
Is there really a question? The Ags can be annoying but they're not the insufferable jerks the Utes are. Definitely rooting for USU.



There is never a reason to root for the U of U. Never.
R
Raiderboy
It's probably better in the long run for BYU if Utah wins. Because let's face it, the better Utah looks, the more of a statement win it will be. USU couldn't possibly be good enough for the win to look good on our resume.



But, having said that, I still have to cheer for USU.
R
redneckjedi
I've known a lot of Aggies. In fact, one moved in a couple doors down from me last month. For the most part, they are great people. I've also known a lot of Utes. I can't say the same about them, anecdotally. I always cheer for USU when not playing us. And I enjoy each and every Utah loss.
B
BOID
It's as simple as this: I don't like the Utes. So I don't care about whether it would be better for BYU's rankings. I used to say something different, that it was better to have the Utes be ranked well when we play them, and that it made us fall to their level to hope for their misfortune. However------ The Utes have proven themselves to be a classeless program, and their fans are deplorable dolts. I know, I know, there are exceptions to that last generalization, but, and this is a big but, the Ute fans continue to shock out-of-state new-comer observers with their nasty behavior during Ute successes, and with their fair-weather disloyalty during Ute short-comings.



For me, the Ute fans' recent dishonesty and gloating (about the PAC 10's snub of the historically superior program from Utah), has been the last straw.



I have to say that I like the Aggies and their fans better, and I am happy to see their program progressing. If the Aggies can beat the Utes, I will be smiling. Any time a non-BCS program beats a PAC 10.2 BS team, I will be smiling.



Can't wait to see Van Noy and Ansah take it to Wynn. Otherwise, I do feel sorry for any team that has to face this BYU defense.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Perhaps a better poll question would be " :utard: vs. the army of satan" - then we would at least have to think about it before answering.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
rblack
Years ago, there might have been alot more apathy for this game. However, since the PAC 12 happened, Utah has two strikes, they are Utah and they are PAC 12. Since I dislike both, and I only dislike Utah State for being Utah State, I want Utah (and all other PAC 12 teams for that matter) to lose and lose badly. This sums up how I feel about the PAC 12, I don't like them, In fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them. I hate their program, their fans. I hate everything. I just hate Utah more.
D
Dcr36
I found USU's success last year weirdly compelling. I'd like to see them keep improving.



I think it's a rough matchup for the Aggies, though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
rblack wrote:
Years ago, there might have been alot more apathy for this game. However, since the PAC 12 happened, Utah has two strikes, they are Utah and they are PAC 12. Since I dislike both, and I only dislike Utah State for being Utah State, I want Utah (and all other PAC 12 teams for that matter) to lose and lose badly. This sums up how I feel about the PAC 12, I don't like them, In fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them. I hate their program, their fans. I hate everything. I just hate Utah more.


THIS!!!!



I would like to see USU win and see that U is vulnerable. But I would like to see Utah win so our SOS is stronger, but kill the Utes. I do hate everything about them. I want the rivalry to end. I hate that I hate so much. I'm even hate some of my friends who are Utes, at least for a week before and a week after.
K
KYCoug
Since I was a kid I've seen scores of times the saying "I root for 2 teams, My Team(any team works here) and who ever is playing Notre Dame" I've seen it on bumper stickers and plates.



Because I'm a Cougar fan I have always changed that to "I root for 2 teams, BYU and who ever is playing :utard: "



Even if it is the West's equivalent of the "Little Sisters of the Poor" Utah State



I also recognize it's probably better for us that :utard: win so we can cream a mighty ranked pac12 team but I don't care.



Go Cougs!
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
Raiderboy wrote:
It's probably better in the long run for BYU if Utah wins. Because let's face it, the better Utah looks, the more of a statement win it will be. USU couldn't possibly be good enough for the win to look good on our resume.



But, having said that, I still have to cheer for USU.

On second look, I noticed Raiderboy is a relative newcomer to this forum. That being the case, all is forgiven. Because on first glance my mind became flooded with all those idiots and morons who cheered for the Pukes to be undefeated back a few years ago so that "it would make us look better when we beat them." Of course, they beat us and subsequently Alabama and they haven't stopped crowing since.



There is no force, no power, no possible reason for the Pukes to ever merit well wishes for a win. Year after year we beat crappy Wyoming and UNLV teams and I never heard anyone say, "I wish they would be undefeated so our victory will look better."



Instead of candy coating it like I did, I was strongly tempted to express my true feelings on the issue. But then, the post would have been deleted.
M
mizzoucoug
Yeah, I'm rooting for all non-conference teams vs the Pac 2 as I usually do. They horribly suck at basketball every year, in spite of the hype, and I'm looking for another losing record vs non-BCS conferences in football. Should be great. I actually think USU can win.
V
vancouvercougar
I never root for the U. If they go 1-11 this year I will be pleased.
B
BerliNY
Is this poll question for real? And how did the U get 1 vote? I don't understand.
U
Ungoy
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Perhaps a better poll question would be " :utard: vs. the army of satan" - then we would at least have to think about it before answering.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Wait... I thought that Utah already had their red and white game.



I never root for the :utard:. I wish they would lose every game they play. I hate them with a fiery passion.
Advertisement
G
Guest
BerliNY wrote:
Is this poll question for real? And how did the U get 1 vote? I don't understand.

Cougar bib created the poll and voted for Utah as they are his '2nd favorite team' according to him.
K
KingCoug
1967cougar wrote:
Because on first glance my mind became flooded with all those idiots and morons who cheered for the Pukes to be undefeated back a few years ago so that "it would make us look better when we beat them." Of course, they beat us and subsequently Alabama and they haven't stopped crowing since.



There is no force, no power, no possible reason for the Pukes to ever merit well wishes for a win. Year after year we beat crappy Wyoming and UNLV teams and I never heard anyone say, "I wish they would be undefeated so our victory will look better."



Instead of candy coating it like I did, I was strongly tempted to express my true feelings on the issue. But then, the post would have been deleted.


Never have I seen my thoughts so perfectly mirrored by another poster.



Any BYU fan who wants the Utes to win a game, for any reason, deserves a smack in the face. Especially the idiots among us who were rooting for Utah back in 2008.
B
Brayden Green
This is the easiest question that I have ever answered in my life.



If Satan and the Utes were in a head to head matchup I wouldn't know who to choose. Now *that* would be a tough question.
C
CougarClaw
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Perhaps a better poll question would be " :utard: vs. the army of satan" - then we would at least have to think about it before answering.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


does the army of satan have any games scheduled with Michigan?
G
Gunk
I would like USU to win because I have stronger personal ties to that school. My grandfather played there.



That said, I want BYU's record to look as good as possible, so hope the Utes, WSU, and OSU do better than average in the Pac12. Would be great for our SOS. As long as we beat them I think it serves us best if they win.



Hating the Utes so passionately as some on here clearly do really makes you no better than a Ute.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.