Archived Topic

Which game is tougher?

by SpiffCoug · 9/2/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
There was some concern as to how the toughest four games would be ranked. So let's examine each road game against each road game.



Here's how the final schedule looks, from most difficult to least challenging, as voted on by CougarCorner.com.



1. Notre Dame

2. Georgia Tech 68%

3. Boise St. 52%

4. Utah 53%

5. Washington St 84%

6. Oregon St. 77%

7. Utah St. 44%

8. Hawaii 68%

9. San Jose St. 78%

10. New Mexico St. 94%

11. Idaho 61%

12. Weber St. 52%
S
SpiffCoug
I think that quick turn around after what is sure to be a very emotional game is going to test the true mettle of the Cougars. It's going to be very hard to make that trip, and be mentally and emotionally ready to play. Boise is no slouch either and they have a few games to work out some of their kinks.
M
Mythranor
I voted for Boise St. the first time but after watching their game on Friday I had to change my vote. This is nowhere near the Boise State teams of the past 4-5 years. Utah's D is much better than Boise State's and I'm not sure Boise State's offense is going to be much, if any, better than the Utah offense (which is sad because I'm not sure either team will score more than 10 points on our defense now). Even with the short week, I say Utah because they look to be the better team. But I think BYU beats both by 2+ TDs.
F
frdbtr
I've said it before, utah is our toughest game.
C
Cougs_Rule
If all things were equal-- at least each game falling on a Saturday and not a thursday for BSU, then the Utah game would be more difficult. I claimed that before and stand by it now.

Of course BSU has lost what, 1 home game in 4-5 years?

Very tough call. But I still have to say Utah after watching what seemed an atypical BSU team
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
dmcougar wrote:
If all things were equal-- at least each game falling on a Saturday and not a thursday for BSU, then the Utah game would be more difficult. I claimed that before and stand by it now.

Of course BSU has lost what, 1 home game in 4-5 years?

Very tough call. But I still have to say Utah after watching what seemed an atypical BSU team


thursday smursday, BYU dominated a TCU team last year (except for on the scoreboard) that went in and beat a better BSU team last year. BYU is better this year than we were last year and BSU is worse. The only way I think BYU has thursday hangover is if they lose a tough game to utah.
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
If all things were equal-- at least each game falling on a Saturday and not a thursday for BSU, then the Utah game would be more difficult. I claimed that before and stand by it now.

Of course BSU has lost what, 1 home game in 4-5 years?

Very tough call. But I still have to say Utah after watching what seemed an atypical BSU team


thursday smursday, BYU dominated a TCU team last year (except for on the scoreboard) that went in and beat a better BSU team last year. BYU is better this year than we were last year and BSU is worse. The only way I think BYU has thursday hangover is if they lose a tough game to utah.

I think you're right. This team is hungry and getting a win at rice-chexs will only fuel their fire going into Boise.



I don't know if we can really judge though since utah football exposure is suddenly non-existant.
C
crh55
Utah - their D will be way better, plain and simple. And they are classless!



The short week, smurf turf, and BS's propensity to dial trick plays, will all

Be tough to overcome. Hopefully our kicker won't miss a game winning chip shot.



But, beating the frUtes is the most important thing this season and therefore the hardest.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Deseret News article rated USU and BYU better than expected after week 1 and U and BSU worse than expected. Yes U killed their opponent. Their opponent couldn nothave been a much worse opponent. Even my U fan best friend was disappointed in the U. SO both teams looked worse than expected. U has less time to fix their problems before playing us. FOr me - that makes BSU the toughests - by a hair since we are back here splitting hairs. IMHO, ND is the toughest - significantly - the next three are about a tie.



WSU was easier than I expected, so I am less worried about OSU pulling off any upset - assuming we stay healthy.



SJSU as a trapgame - anyone? Or is Stanford just that bad? I still think we handle SJSU and USU.



U line up in logan started out at 4 and has jumped up to 7. Seven folks.



DO not let the U get in your head. THey will have the best or 2nd best defense we will face and a decent, but not spectacular offense. ON a neutral field - I think Y might be favored after Week 1.



Y should not hurt its rankings next week. U could go either way.
K
KingCoug
Utah

Rivalry factor

Good Ute defense

PAC 10.2 officials





Boise State

More travel

A short week after Utah game

More of a home advantage for Boise
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
I do know this--I didn't think this possible, but Idaho is much worse than expected.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.