Archived Topic

Sunday play

by Cougy_Monster · 9/2/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougy_Monster
Not that it matters to BYU at all, but I find it at least a little ironic that SMU and Baylor are slated to go at it on the football field today. The Methodists v the Baptists on Sunday. Nice.



BYU may eventually be tolerated by a conference, but will never be understood. I'm ok with that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
Cougy_Monster wrote:
Not that it matters to BYU at all, but I find it at least a little ironic that SMU and Baylor are slated to go at it on the football field today. The Methodists v the Baptists on Sunday. Nice.



BYU may eventually be tolerated by a conference, but will never be understood. I'm ok with that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Football is a religion in Texas.
A
ABYUFAN
vancouvercougar wrote:
Not that it matters to BYU at all, but I find it at least a little ironic that SMU and Baylor are slated to go at it on the football field today. The Methodists v the Baptists on Sunday. Nice.



BYU may eventually be tolerated by a conference, but will never be understood. I'm ok with that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Football is THE religion OF Texas.

Fixed it for ya



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
ABYUFAN wrote:
Cougy_Monster wrote:
Not that it matters to BYU at all, but I find it at least a little ironic that SMU and Baylor are slated to go at it on the football field today. The Methodists v the Baptists on Sunday. Nice.



BYU may eventually be tolerated by a conference, but will never be understood. I'm ok with that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Football is THE religion OF Texas.

Fixed it for ya



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

:lol:
S
snoscythe
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3vmocLGO91qdtoojo1_400.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougy_Monster
snoscythe wrote:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3vmocLGO91qdtoojo1_400.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I've always believed we all live with our favorite sins, that are excusable to ourselves. So this isn't about judging the other religious schools. My point is that BYU's absolute stance on Sunday play will simply not be understood, ever, since other religious schools don't hold the Sabbath in high regard. Although if the Cougs bring enough $$$ to the table it will be tolerated. I can guarantee that if ND had a no Sunday play rule they would be accommodated in any conference in a heartbeat. $$$ talks, even if only raising its voice 6 days a week.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.