S
SpiffCougRemember Receiver Efficiency Rating (RER) is the Passer Efficiency Rating (PER) applied to receivers. Following each game, I go into the play by play and tabulate how many times a receiver is targeted to get the passing attempts for a receiver.
Here are some other stats I noticed when looking at the box score.
Friel 351.40
Hoffman 228.80
Ridley 197.66
Alisa 158.80
Falsleev 137.43
Apo 94.34
Holt 87.80
Pritchard 0.00
Mendenhall 0.00
- I'd like to see more receivers involved. Seven different receivers is decent, but I'd like to see it closer to nine or ten. (Of course, Pritchard and Mendenhall didn't catch either of their targets - neither of which were catchable). So maybe my gripe isn't valid.
- Riley's PER on 3rd down was 151.83. All five of his completions went for first downs.
- BYU's 1st half PER was 173.46 and 149.90 in the 2nd half. (Without Hill's TD pass, Riley's PER in the 1st was 156.47)
- Riley's 69.4% completion percentage was a career best at BYU.
- BYU's three sacks were the most by BYU in a season opener since 2004.
- BYU's 165.82 PER was the highest in an opener since a 198.60 PER vs Northern Iowa.
- WSU's six first downs by penalty were the most by a BYU opponent since UNM had 7 in 2010.
Here are some other stats I noticed when looking at the box score.
Friel 351.40
Hoffman 228.80
Ridley 197.66
Alisa 158.80
Falsleev 137.43
Apo 94.34
Holt 87.80
Pritchard 0.00
Mendenhall 0.00
- I'd like to see more receivers involved. Seven different receivers is decent, but I'd like to see it closer to nine or ten. (Of course, Pritchard and Mendenhall didn't catch either of their targets - neither of which were catchable). So maybe my gripe isn't valid.
- Riley's PER on 3rd down was 151.83. All five of his completions went for first downs.
- BYU's 1st half PER was 173.46 and 149.90 in the 2nd half. (Without Hill's TD pass, Riley's PER in the 1st was 156.47)
- Riley's 69.4% completion percentage was a career best at BYU.
- BYU's three sacks were the most by BYU in a season opener since 2004.
- BYU's 165.82 PER was the highest in an opener since a 198.60 PER vs Northern Iowa.
- WSU's six first downs by penalty were the most by a BYU opponent since UNM had 7 in 2010.

