S
SchmoeI know I could have thrown this in with one of the threads on the analysis of the game, but it really has nothing to do with the X's and O's or how we played (not worried about goal line because we were in game-management mode at that point, most worried about O-line meshing, getting off the ball on runs, and sustaining blocks on passes).
This was my first real exposure to Washington State in any sport I can ever remember, and leading up to the game, my only experience with them was the rather pleasant fan that visited here at CC. I had a similar experience with Oregon St. the first time we played them and have found that they are one PAC team that I really don't dislike (what a breath of fresh air!). But that first impression with Washington State was shattered almost from the first whistle of the game. The chipiness on the field and unnecessary garbage hits and extra-curricular stuff from their guys added to their fans' comments about how "BYU's not that good, they're a nobody who doesn't even have a conference," to religious bigotry abounding on their message boards left me feeling much like I did after the Vegas Bowl against Oregon. We absolutely manhandled these guys, they essentially didn't deserve to be on the field with us, but the majority of what we get is laughable hubris coming from their camp. I'd be just as happy if we bought out the return game and never played them again, losers. (I understand that there are exceptions to every rule, I do think the fan who came over here was a good dude and that there are definitely plenty of good people in their fanbase, but the vocal majority has left a very bad taste in my mouth).
This was my first real exposure to Washington State in any sport I can ever remember, and leading up to the game, my only experience with them was the rather pleasant fan that visited here at CC. I had a similar experience with Oregon St. the first time we played them and have found that they are one PAC team that I really don't dislike (what a breath of fresh air!). But that first impression with Washington State was shattered almost from the first whistle of the game. The chipiness on the field and unnecessary garbage hits and extra-curricular stuff from their guys added to their fans' comments about how "BYU's not that good, they're a nobody who doesn't even have a conference," to religious bigotry abounding on their message boards left me feeling much like I did after the Vegas Bowl against Oregon. We absolutely manhandled these guys, they essentially didn't deserve to be on the field with us, but the majority of what we get is laughable hubris coming from their camp. I'd be just as happy if we bought out the return game and never played them again, losers. (I understand that there are exceptions to every rule, I do think the fan who came over here was a good dude and that there are definitely plenty of good people in their fanbase, but the vocal majority has left a very bad taste in my mouth).

