Archived Topic

Anyone else not a fan of Farmer's Insurance

by kjjson · 8/31/2012

Advertisement
K
kjjson
We talk a lot on here about tradition, and I for one was disappointed last night that with every 3rd down conversion, we didn't get, "It's another Cougar FIRST DOWN!!", instead we got an ad for 3rd conversions brought to you by Farmer's Insurance. Of BYU's 24 first downs, 10 of them came on 3rd down.
V
vancouvercougar
kjjson wrote:
We talk a lot on here about tradition, and I for one was disappointed last night that with every 3rd down conversion, we didn't get, "It's another Cougar FIRST DOWN!!", instead we got an ad for 3rd conversions brought to you by Farmer's Insurance. Of BYU's 24 first downs, 10 of them came on 3rd down.


I wasn't at the game, but weren't all the 3rd down conversions brought to us by the BYU offense? Farmers insurance had nothing to do wth it!
J
jonnylingo
I have no problems with it. BYU is finally taking advantage of its brand to make some money. It will only help the team and school.
S
Schmoe
I was a lot more bothered by the seizure-inducing strobe light effect of the Mountain America ad on the LED banners.
B
birdie702
I own an agency with Farmers Insurance. I was at the game with one of our insurance attorneys and we were very proud to hear our company at a BYU football game.



Don't hate!! :D



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
birdie702
vancouvercougar wrote:
We talk a lot on here about tradition, and I for one was disappointed last night that with every 3rd down conversion, we didn't get, "It's another Cougar FIRST DOWN!!", instead we got an ad for 3rd conversions brought to you by Farmer's Insurance. Of BYU's 24 first downs, 10 of them came on 3rd down.


I wasn't at the game, but weren't all the 3rd down conversions brought to us by the BYU offense? Farmers insurance had nothing to do wth it!


It's called business...we paid BYU money and they promote our company. It's that simple! Y'all just need to relax!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I appreciate the $$ that BYU gets out them.
V
vancouvercougar
I appreciate the $$ the advertisers bring us, and I don't mind all the advertising at the game--I just don't like a company name tied to something the players do on the field. Logos and other slogans are OK with me.
G
Guest
Actually, the one thing I don't like is when advertising interferes with traditions. The "that's another Cougar ... first down" now is gone when it's converted on a 3rd down and I don't like that.
B
birdie702
vancouvercougar wrote:
I appreciate the $$ the advertisers bring us, and I don't mind all the advertising at the game--I just don't like a company name tied to something the players do on the field. Logos and other slogans are OK with me.


So are you gonna complain about Allstate's banner that goes up every time a FG or PAT is kicked? It's marketing....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
birdie702
vancouvercougar wrote:
I appreciate the $$ the advertisers bring us, and I don't mind all the advertising at the game--I just don't like a company name tied to something the players do on the field. Logos and other slogans are OK with me.


So are you gonna complain about Allstate's banner that goes up every time a FG or PAT is kicked? It's marketing....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
birdie702 wrote:
I appreciate the $$ the advertisers bring us, and I don't mind all the advertising at the game--I just don't like a company name tied to something the players do on the field. Logos and other slogans are OK with me.


So are you gonna complain about Allstate's banner that goes up every time a FG or PAT is kicked? It's marketing....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't mind the Allstated banner at all and I don't mind company logos. To say that a 3rd down conversion is brought by a corporation just doesn't seem right to me.



Now I am in Oregon, and I did not see the game in person, but I thought I read on the message boards that the play was "brought to you by Farmers Insurance."
S
snoscythe
You can buy anything in this world with money.
T
tmoney35
hawkwing wrote:
Actually, the one thing I don't like is when advertising interferes with traditions. The "that's another Cougar ... first down" now is gone when it's converted on a 3rd down and I don't like that.


+1. I mean couldn't they let the announcer do his "that's another cougar FIRST DOWN" first, and then mention the 3rd down conversion by Farmers?



It must've been written in the contract that he has to say the Farmer's thing first. I don't blame BYU, I blame Farmer's for having no respect for tradition.



It was actually funny that first 3rd down conversion because he said, "and that's another cougar.....3rd down conversion brought to you by Farmers." You can tell it threw him off, just like it confused the crowd too.
C
Cougarbib
birdie702 wrote:
I own an agency with Farmers Insurance. I was at the game with one of our insurance attorneys and we were very proud to hear our company at a BYU football game.



Don't hate!! :D



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I had a nightmare experience with one particular Farmer's Agency owner. She rented a house from me in So. Cal at a time when State Farm, Farmers, and others had a moratorium on taking new policies in So. Cal after a series of Rodney King riots, Laguna Beach fires and mudslides, Northridge Earthquake, etc.



I had just bought the property. She got me covered by a lower tier company and then got me switched to Farmers later. Then she had my painter scrape her ceilings, and then sued me when a neighbor told her the old popcorn ceilings had asbestos in them - something I felt she should have known and advised me about - even though she had directed the work.



She told me I had a million in coverage. Then Farmer's, once I chased them down, mentioned an exclusion. Eventually Farmers defended me with some reservation of their rights. My tenant sued my attorneys who directed the clean-up and the asbestos consultant and asbestos abatement company for not doing a good job and conspiring to do her harm. My attorneys then had to pull off to defend themselves and I got new attorneys. Her errors and omissions coverage company got dragged into the counter suit. All parties had attorneys.



Farmers finally resolved this mess. I still use Farmers for that rental property and two others.



But this thread brought back the memories. No - I do not hate Farmers. But if your agent is the one I HAD - switch to another agent like I did.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
birdie702
Don't blame Farmers. Blame BYU who agreed to the contract. They saw an opportunity to make money and ran with the idea.



@bib: that's why I hate agents who have no claims experience. All they care about is making that sale. If your agent doesn't explain all the coverages AND exclusions in your policy then it's time to switch to someone who really cares about protecting you, your property and everything that you've worked so hard for....

Sorry you had a bad experience.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BigCougsFan
birdie702 wrote:
I appreciate the $$ the advertisers bring us, and I don't mind all the advertising at the game--I just don't like a company name tied to something the players do on the field. Logos and other slogans are OK with me.


So are you gonna complain about Allstate's banner that goes up every time a FG or PAT is kicked? It's marketing....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


"Another field goal brought to you by Allstate! "



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
vancouvercougar wrote:
I appreciate the $$ the advertisers bring us, and I don't mind all the advertising at the game--I just don't like a company name tied to something the players do on the field. Logos and other slogans are OK with me.

this.
B
BroncoBot
birdie702 wrote:
Don't blame Farmers. Blame BYU who agreed to the contract. They saw an opportunity to make money and ran with the idea.



@bib: that's why I hate agents who have no claims experience. All they care about is making that sale. If your agent doesn't explain all the coverages AND exclusions in your policy then it's time to switch to someone who really cares about protecting you, your property and everything that you've worked so hard for....

Sorry you had a bad experience.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

And now you're getting free feedback. Maybe it's in Farmer's best interest to ask BYU if they can tune down their advertisement because they don't want to be seen as interrupting traditions or being annoying. Just because BYU agreed to do it doesn't mean Farmer's (or any company) is exempt from blowback because they overdo it.
B
BroncoBot
birdie702 wrote:
I appreciate the $$ the advertisers bring us, and I don't mind all the advertising at the game--I just don't like a company name tied to something the players do on the field. Logos and other slogans are OK with me.


So are you gonna complain about Allstate's banner that goes up every time a FG or PAT is kicked? It's marketing....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

There are actually a LOT of fans who did complain about those logos on the nets.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.