Archived Topic

Time for some people to eat crow

by tmoney35 · 8/31/2012

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/tag/_/name/game-predictions-083012
Washington State 42, BYU 27: Maybe I'm completely backwards on this, but I just don't see WSU as an almost-two-touchdown 'dog. Too many offensive weapons. No one at BYU can keep up with Marquess Wilson. I'm prepared to chug some crow if it blows up in my face.




http://www.wsufootballblog.com/2012-articles/august/gameweek-thoughts-and-reactions.html
Not just the quotes coming out of Provo, but the relaxed nature of their workouts, foregoing contact most of Fall camp as if they are using our game as a full contact scrimmage to ready the boys for Boise State... all add up to strong perception of overconfidence. I can’t help conjuring this image of the arrogant English general in Braveheart chuckling with his officers before a battle with William Wallaces blue faced Scotts, that no Army had stood up to a charge of heavy horse in hundreds of years. Minutes later his horses were smashed against the Scottish pikes and he lost his head to Wallace’s sword. I really don’t think BYU expects to be challenged by us on Thursday, and I hope while they are stocking their fridges with Mountain Dew for Thursday night's victory party, Mike Leach has his troops sharpening their pikes.


What's really funny is how this guy made a big deal about how Marcus Matthews said our D will be 10x better than theirs. Well, if it weren't for the 45 free yards we gave them that led to their 2nd field goal, we would've scored exactly 10x as many points as WSU.
G
Guest
plenty of people from this very site made predictions of a squeaker win or even a possible loss. I'm sure they're happy to be wrong though!
T
tmoney35
I thought it would be a close game too, that's why I just picked on the two I found that thought Washington St. would cream us.



Plus, the one guy specifically said he was prepared to eat crow, so I thought I would oblige
G
Guest
Serve it up!



http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/iheartschlitz/EatingCrow.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
And there was no place to leave a comment for Kevin.
Advertisement
Y
Y12
Yeah, that 2 TD line was crazy. Should have been 4.



Speaking of free yards and gifting points, 6 of WSU's 18 first downs came from BYU penalties.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.