Archived Topic

The Pick-6 That Could Have Been!

by YNot · 8/31/2012

Advertisement
Y
YNot
I just re-watched Jordan Johnson's interception and 64-yard return. Preston Hadley is running right behind Jordan and then kind of slows to try to block someone behind him...but doesn't really block anyone (because none of those players had a chance to catch Jordan). BUT, if Hadley would have continued his running path without hesitation, he would have run right into #84, the player who finally makes the tackle! Darn it! Oh well! I just really wanted to see Johnson take it to the house!



When was the last time BYU had a pick-6?
U
Ungoy
Daniel Sorensen had a pick-6 against Idaho St. last year.
I
imuakahuku
Mix in a blocked punt and what a night. What the heck was the punter doing? Rugby kick, or run it for a first if the D falls back gives the space? We play Utah every year and will play Boise this year, you think our coaches aren't ready for "trickeration"? And weren't you watching the D? LOL well, you got your just deserts!

I will admit I was a little worried when I saw Ansah not getting up after the block. I was figuring maybe he got so far in he blocked it with his crotch OUCH! or his stomach. Then I saw he didn't even touch it that Foote block it. I still think he took a foot or something to the nether region because he didn't seem to twist or hurt anything.
Y
YNot
Ungoy wrote:
Daniel Sorensen had a pick-6 against Idaho St. last year.


Must have been in the second half. I either didn't see it or don't remember. Thanks!
Y
YNot
imuakahuku wrote:
Mix in a blocked punt and what a night. What the heck was the punter doing? Rugby kick, or run it for a first if the D falls back gives the space? We play Utah every year and will play Boise this year, you think our coaches aren't ready for "trickeration"? And weren't you watching the D? LOL well, you got your just deserts!

I will admit I was a little worried when I saw Ansah not getting up after the block. I was figuring maybe he got so far in he blocked it with his crotch OUCH! or his stomach. Then I saw he didn't even touch it that Foote block it. I still think he took a foot or something to the nether region because he didn't seem to twist or hurt anything.


Wrubell tweeted earlier that it was a mild shoulder sprain. Ziggy should be ready for the Ewete game, I would think.



I credit Washington State for trying. Nothing else was working, why not try a punt fake?
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
The kick was the old rugby-style play: Kicker runs to one side and a)takes off for the first down if there's room or b)kicks the ball if there's pressure. Their kicker made up his mind way too late.



BTW-When does this game become available on BYUtv?
G
gingi
It was playing on Channel 11-2 as soon as arrived home from the game (I stayed til the very end and even cheered the band as they marched out of the stadium then played school song - BYU has a school song!?) so guess who was really not ready for work.
S
Schmoe
I picked up throat lozenges and a five hour energy on my way to work this morning. My voice was squeaking and all my students were convinced that I was going through second puberty.
B
birdie702
Schmoe wrote:
I picked up throat lozenges and a five hour energy on my way to work this morning. My voice was squeaking and all my students were convinced that I was going through second puberty.


LOL



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
4
49erCoug
YNot wrote:
I just re-watched Jordan Johnson's interception and 64-yard return. Preston Hadley is running right behind Jordan and then kind of slows to try to block someone behind him...but doesn't really block anyone (because none of those players had a chance to catch Jordan). BUT, if Hadley would have continued his running path without hesitation, he would have run right into #84, the player who finally makes the tackle! Darn it! Oh well! I just really wanted to see Johnson take it to the house!



When was the last time BYU had a pick-6?


I noticed that as well.. BUT... the even bigger missed block in this one.. KVN.. he had a chance to take out Tuel who really slowed Johnson down... KVN didn't touch him... oh well... Cougs win!!!
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Rather than worry that he only got 60 yards- I choose to be happy that nobody made an ill-advised block and got it called back.



And for whomever it was lamenting how boring and unpredictable this season will be due to few games being much in doubt as to who will win - yes - this one left little in doubt -



But



Wasn't it fun to see



Friel emerge

Skyler Ridley emerge

Foote emerging

A pick almost go to the house

Two picks by BYU in one game vs a decent QB

Defense dominate

Ridiculous officiating - and we still dominated

Falslev and Hoff deliver until Hoff went out

Riley make things happen even with ill-advised throws

Sacks

Blocked punt

A glimpse of the future with Taysom and Jamal



I enjoyed it inspite of getting rained on while walking to the stadium.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.