Archived Topic

White Out Thoughts?

by kjjson · 8/31/2012

Advertisement
K
kjjson
So what are your thoughts from the White Out? How did it look on TV? I was impressed with it in the stadium and was glad the rain stopped so that all of the various colors of ponchos and jackets were put away. Now we will see how the color coordinated sections turns out.
I
imuakahuku
I thought it was pretty cool except that WSU was the team in white :lol:



I felt "bad" (yeah right!!) for the WSU fans and their little red section. I only remember one time they showed them jumping up and down on TV. Just about every other time it was nothing but looks of misery and dispair. Good luck WSU and go win the pac!
F
fallball
I was pleasantly surprised by the white out. I thought it showed great school spirit and a cool college atmosphere!
C
Cougarbib
Better participation than expected. But it highlighted the 4 sections of empty seats in the upper corners. Sell out folks. They sold out in the glory days. You want the glory days and an elite team. Sell out your stadium.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tmoney35
Cougarbib wrote:
Better participation than expected. But it highlighted the 4 sections of empty seats in the upper corners. Sell out folks. They sold out in the glory days. You want the glory days and an elite team. Sell out your stadium.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


+1



Elite schools can sell out 100k stadiums, even when their team sucks and they're playing bo-didley tech. If we can't sell out 65k for the opening game, against a BCS school, with perfect weather, then we have problems.



Yes, I understand that late night on a school night cost some sales, but there should've been plenty of people willing and able to take those seats.
Advertisement
S
scott715
I saw it mentioned in an article on the game so it was noticed.
G
Guest
The white out was really great. It looked fantastic and the fans did a better job than I expected them to.



Also, if I may address Bib, this is why people think you're a troll. This thread has nothing to do with selling out stadiums or elite teams. The fact that you take every possible opportunity to point out what you consider to be failings by the team and fans is what causes you to be considered a troll.
J
jonnylingo
I was totally shocked. Congratulations byu fans. Tottal white out. It was impressive.
G
Gunk
White out looked awesome on TV. Was surprised how well it turned out.



Was funny, at one point in the game the camera showed a group of students all wearing their white shirts and one of them was wearing a blue "Rise Up" shirt. My wife turned to me and said, "Bet that girl feels like an idiot."



Felt kinda bad for the girl. Clearly she came ready for the game, dressed head to toe in her BYU gear...just the wrong color.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
hawkwing wrote:
....Also, if I may address Bib, this is why people think you're a troll. This thread has nothing to do with selling out stadiums or elite teams. The fact that you take every possible opportunity to point out what you consider to be failings by the team and fans is what causes you to be considered a troll.


please excuse the not so descrete, pun-like, and unabashedly self serving exlamation.....



THIS +1



like the obnoxious little spoiled brat who can't see that he's pissin' people off no matter how rich his parents are!
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
hawkwing wrote:
The white out was really great. It looked fantastic and the fans did a better job than I expected them to.



Also, if I may address Bib, this is why people think you're a troll. This thread has nothing to do with selling out stadiums or elite teams. The fact that you take every possible opportunity to point out what you consider to be failings by the team and fans is what causes you to be considered a troll.

cougarbib = eyeore.



In fact, you have the power to officially change his name...right?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
blue42
I thought it turned out great I would guess around 85% were wearing white, and most who weren't were in BYU blue gear. The big glaring eyesore was a guy and his date sitting right in front of me. Both Cougar fans but he was wearing a RED shirt, they didn't last long as they left at the end of the first qtr.



Loved all the "every day is game day" shirts
R
redneckjedi
blue42 wrote:
I thought it turned out great I would guess around 85% were wearing white, and most who weren't were in BYU blue gear. The big glaring eyesore was a guy and his date sitting right in front of me. Both Cougar fans but he was wearing a RED shirt, they didn't last long as they left at the end of the first qtr.



Loved all the "every day is game day" shirts


Did sno smash his twig and/or berries before they left?
B
blue42
redneckjedi wrote:
I thought it turned out great I would guess around 85% were wearing white, and most who weren't were in BYU blue gear. The big glaring eyesore was a guy and his date sitting right in front of me. Both Cougar fans but he was wearing a RED shirt, they didn't last long as they left at the end of the first qtr.



Loved all the "every day is game day" shirts


Did sno smash his twig and/or berries before they left?


I didn't see sno there but they must have felt his eyes glaring at them because they did leave in a hurry
K
Kajdin
blue42 wrote:
I thought it turned out great I would guess around 85% were wearing white, and most who weren't were in BYU blue gear. The big glaring eyesore was a guy and his date sitting right in front of me. Both Cougar fans but he was wearing a RED shirt, they didn't last long as they left at the end of the first qtr.



Loved all the "every day is game day" shirts


I had a couple of idiotic "Leeches" in front of me in red and black holding a pirate right in front of me. They were pretty good about putting it down during play but it was still annoying. They were gone at half-time.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
The only one that bugged me was some surfer-type wearing an ugly yellow tank top. WTH are you thinking kid? Go home!
D
Ddawg
8)



I liked it. Looked better than I thought it would. Pretty cool.
M
Mars
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580058_488023747874593_19643687_n.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580058_488023754541259_1156089456_n.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580058_488023751207926_1903223188_n.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.